Author Topic: Indiana Transportation Museum roster  (Read 9117 times)

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
Re: Indiana Transportation Museum roster
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2018, 01:08:34 PM »
So far, from your list, it appears the follow have been preserved and shipped off
CTA 4293
CNSM 606

Scrapped are
C&I 606
CTA 4454
CTA 4257
CTA 4388
CTA 4390
CTA 4315
CTA 4381
MILW 867

Scheduled to ship
NKP 587
PRR 6565

I am prepared to make follow offer - any of the EMD diesels - should museum desire to sell and can get them trucked out,  I can give you inexpensive storage on live rail and market the units for you (think I could sell the 200 and the 426 pretty quickly)

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2018, 02:17:32 PM »
Any truth to the rumors that groups reached out to ITM to help preserve equipment, and were rebuffed or ignored?

Sounding like ITM is taking the mentality that if they couldn’t have it, no one could?

laker2555

• Conductor
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2018, 02:25:09 PM »
Rode through the park today and 426 and NKP 1 are visible on the south side.  On the north side, several people were gathering and appeared to be making plans for moving 587.  Meanwhile, scrapping of several cars is evident. 

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2018, 03:50:08 PM »
Any truth to the rumors that groups reached out to ITM to help preserve equipment, and were rebuffed or ignored?

Can't speak to the recent attitude having been gone from there 5 years but 10 years ago two board members were opposed to giving away or demolishing anything. Their objections were overridden and 2 of the Wabash cars that had sat for years along S. 8th Street were to be given to HVRM but they could not afford to truck them to North Judson. Two of the CTA cars were to be dismantled 6 or 7 years ago but one of those two people somehow blocked that plan. The 2 in question I've been told are no longer affiliated with ITM.

Really unfortunate that the museum waited until it came to this because many valuable historic pieces probably can't be saved.

indrr

• Administrator
  • Tycoon
  • indrr admin
Nathan Bilger
-----------------
Board Admin, Webmaster
http://www.indianarailroads.org.

monon_rr

• Dispatcher
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2018, 09:06:17 AM »
I was under the impression the Indy Railways car had already been cut up.