Author Topic: NS Heritage Units Sightings  (Read 183651 times)

JET

• Fireman
Re: NS Heritage Units Sightings
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2012, 10:49:12 PM »
Possibly the 1st NS heritage unit that has traveled on the NS Wabash photographed this evening at Clymers, IN

JGN

• Superintendent
  • Interested in all Rail History!
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2012, 11:50:54 PM »
Great job John. I wondered how much longer it was going to be before one of them made it through here and I am glad you caught it. I can't wait to see the others, expecially the NKP unit and Wabash unit when it comes out. Might be hard to get pics for a while in daylight though as they have new rail layed out between Danes and West Peru along with tie plates and some material staged for a few crossing repair or replacements. I really hope they replace both the main and siding at Sycamore aka Cass Station as I have been suprised no one has stalled out and been hit there as they creep over at 5 mph. Anyway, thanks for sharing with us, Jay

indrr

• Administrator
  • Tycoon
  • indrr admin
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2012, 12:49:25 AM »
Possibly the 1st NS heritage unit that has traveled on the NS Wabash photographed this evening at Clymers, IN
Great photos! I can't wait to see it in person.
Nathan Bilger
-----------------
Board Admin, Webmaster
http://www.indianarailroads.org.

michaelsphil

• Brakeman
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2012, 09:22:11 AM »

Nice pics.  Looks like you were @ Clymers not too long after I would have left.  I wasn't sure how long D05 would be there and needed to get back to Peru.  Oh, and not "possibly"...it *is* the 1st NS Heritage Unit on the Wabash (well, west of Wabash anyway.  Nothing between Ft Wayne & Wabash yet!). 

Phil M.
Peru, IN.

Indiana_Shortlines_Fan

• Brakeman
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2012, 02:45:15 PM »
The NS 8114 Heritage Loco for the "original NS" was parked by the yard office in Frankfort Yard at lunchtime today.  Unit is facing east.  Too bad this mid-May high sun angle prevents an otherwise perfect roster shot.  Thanks for the info that this beautiful loco was headed to Frankfort last night on D05!

Bruce Lyons, Fishers, IN

Alex Powell

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2012, 06:48:23 PM »
Any idea on when or where 8114 will be going exactly? I live on the Huntington District, in Andrews to be specific.

CSXIndyLine

• Mogul
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2012, 06:58:16 PM »
It is in Frankfort right now with 2 Dash 9's.
The gates are going down and the people are starting to frown.

16 down, 4 to go.

KCSLOVER94

• President
  • Kansas City Southern - The only original.
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2012, 07:39:02 PM »
Well it just got cut from its original consist so who knows what's going to happen!
KCS-The Only Original

HoosierVirg

• President
Have a good and safe day!

Go Reds!

BV_Lyons

• Brakeman
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2012, 07:53:34 PM »
I finally got a chance to share my NS 8114 pictures from Frankfort yesterday 5/18.  I received permission to access the loco and to take these pictures.

Bruce Lyons, Fishers, IN

indrr

• Administrator
  • Tycoon
  • indrr admin
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2012, 08:45:19 AM »
I finally got a chance to share my NS 8114 pictures from Frankfort yesterday 5/18.  I received permission to access the loco and to take these pictures.

Bruce Lyons, Fishers, IN
Nice! Really great shots, thanks.
Nathan Bilger
-----------------
Board Admin, Webmaster
http://www.indianarailroads.org.

Rich

• Chief Dispatcher
NS 8114 heads up!
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2012, 11:45:34 PM »
For any of you night owls in southern IN, just read on a post that the NS 8114 is EB on the former Southern line, out of ESTL. The unit was supposed to be at Shattuc siding as of 2144hrs. Sorry, I don't know if the unit is on the point, trailing, or even a train symbol. I DO know it came into the STL area on 33Q. If anyone out there wants to catch a glimpse of this beauty, albeit in the dark.....now's your chance. Rich in SW IL.

• Mogul
  • Posts represent the views of no corporations
Re: NS 8114 heads up!
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2012, 11:47:42 PM »
Second engine.

hoosier outlaw

• Brakeman
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2012, 06:42:28 PM »
ns 8114 came through new albany indiana last night about 7:45 pm eb into louisville.not sure if train was a 375 or not...........

CSXIndyLine

• Mogul
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2012, 07:59:44 PM »

16 down, 4 to go.

• Mogul
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2012, 08:02:47 PM »
I can't tell what part of the building that is.  They're trying to be secretive, that's for sure.

CSXIndyLine

• Mogul
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2012, 08:04:48 PM »
I can't tell what part of the building that is.  They're trying to be secretive, that's for sure.
One of our own?

16 down, 4 to go.

conrailman75

• Engineer
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2012, 08:17:01 PM »
All I want to know is when is NS going to FINALLY take delivery of the darned things and stop hiding them at the EMD plant!  Do they plan to accumulate them all and take delivery all at once or in batches of 4 or what?  I have a friend in Ft. Wayne who is going to be on high alert for these things traveling thru East Wayne yard(because they have to pass thru Ft. Wayne to get to Bellevue or Conway) whenever NS takes delivery of them.

• Mogul
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2012, 09:38:52 PM »
All I want to know is when is NS going to FINALLY take delivery of the darned things and stop hiding them at the EMD plant!  Do they plan to accumulate them all and take delivery all at once or in batches of 4 or what?  I have a friend in Ft. Wayne who is going to be on high alert for these things traveling thru East Wayne yard(because they have to pass thru Ft. Wayne to get to Bellevue or Conway) whenever NS takes delivery of them.
I heard they would be released last Friday, which NSDash9 of TO later said the same thing and Muncie turned into The Foam City, with several out-of-state people waiting.  I think counting CIOR and myself, there were 16 buffs waiting during the afternoon.  NOW NSDash9 is saying this Thursday, which I am willing to bet they'll be coming out of the woodwork again.

• Mogul
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2012, 12:08:55 PM »
Nothing today either.