Author Topic: The Vandy Now  (Read 6538 times)

storrs19

• President
Re: The Vandy Now
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 04:12:50 PM »
I just found my copy of TD3, is that territory fully functioning and available for download?

Practice Safe CSX

I don't have it up on a website but will gladly send you a copy of it.  It has all the slow orders applied through April 27, 1967 and runs pretty good.  I designed it using a track chart from 1967 so its accurate as far as I know but I'm always open to corrections or suggestions to make it better.  PM me an email and I'll send it to you later.  I should be home around midnight.

Chad
Following the remains of the B&O in Southern Indiana

MDavis

• Superintendent
  • VP; Webmaster Naptown White River
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 08:20:04 PM »
Al:

That's what I've heard from a few people.  The PRR didn't want a cluster**** happening there so they made plenty of provisions.  There used to be two sidings at Summit, both an eastbound and a westbound.  As you may know this line was the location (at Limedale) of the PRR's first CTC machine which controlled the line from Bridgeport to West Limedale, installed in 1930.  :)

Chad

Okay, so I found Summit. Summit's the stockyards (convenently called Summit Stockyards) near Clayton, and there was an icehouse or cold storage building there as well, was that what one of the sidings was for?

Far as  names, Rails frequently named places for referenes purposes, it was more relatable to crews than a number.

That "lone sentry" may just be a utility pole.  Did you check to see if others were along the r-o-w?
He's the only one we saw. The telegraph/phone lines are on the other side of the tracks though.

In accordance with our lease agreements with the Army, graffitists at JPG will be considered tresspassing and a national threat, and shot on sight.
-CMPA: HO
http://www.sites.google.com/site/cmpaho

trafficcritic

• Dispatcher
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 11:16:19 AM »
Snapped this pic yesterday west of Coatesville.  I wonder what this small building was used for? And what is the significance of it left standing?

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2015, 12:02:17 PM »
Signal bungalow.  Reason it stayed was that it probably cost more to remove than it was work in scrap.  Bungalow at limedale was left too.

Laguna Man

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 02:37:26 PM »
So here's my question - I just realized the former PRR and Big 4/NYC main lines between Indianapolis and St. Louis were separated by just over 1/2 mile in the town of Fillmore, Indiana. With that being the case, can anyone provide an estimate of how many trains traveled through Fillmore just prior to the Penn Central merger?

Caylorman

• Dispatcher
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 11:34:32 PM »
Snapped this pic yesterday west of Coatesville.  I wonder what this small building was used for? And what is the significance of it left standing?

These are the same type of relay houses at the ends of Summit siding.  Good to know there is still one of these around.

trafficcritic

• Dispatcher
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2016, 06:46:18 PM »
Rockville, IN ex PRR bridge abutments