Author Topic: My Brother William Torrance R.I.P.  (Read 1691 times)

Twitty

• President
My Brother William Torrance R.I.P.
« on: February 17, 2012, 03:19:56 PM »
My brother William Torrance passed away this morning at VU. He was an active volunteer at the Indiana Railway Museum in French Lick. He was also an Eagle Scout. He will be missed.
http://www.facebook.com/FLScenicRailway

It is with extreme sadness that we must say goodbye to one of our young volunteers William Torrance (right). William passed on this morning in Vincennes. Our hearts and prayers are with his family during this difficult time. William was always one to step up, both on the train and off, to help do whatever needed to be done.

If you worked with William or had the privilege of having him serve as a conductor on a car you rode on, we invite you to leave your memories of him here.

He's the one on the right.
“The human brain is like a railroad freight car -- guaranteed to have a certain capacity but often running empty.” ~ UNKNOWN

indrr

• Administrator
  • Tycoon
  • indrr admin
Re: My Brother William Torrance R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:51:13 PM »
Sorry to hear that. Thoughts are with you and your family, as well as the IRM family.
Nathan Bilger
-----------------
Board Admin, Webmaster
http://www.indianarailroads.org.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 04:12:31 PM »
Our Hearts go out to Dennis, Linda and the Family. William not only loved the Railroad but also loved The Eagle Scouts. I Just saw him last Weekend here in Bargersville while waiting on an INRD Train. We were talking about how he was doing in school and other thinks. Who would have thought that last Weekend would be the last time we would see him. He did is Eagle Scout Badge Project here in Bargesville, At the Park on West Street.  William will be Missed by a lot of People who Knew him. My Friend may you Rest in Peace. We will all see you Soon. God Bless You William. Larry and Vicky Shirley Bargersville Indiana.

CSX2605

• Mogul
  • Remember the Semaphores!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 05:14:36 PM »
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Such a young age.  :'(

IndyKing

• Mogul
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 06:29:18 PM »
Deeply sorry to hear this news.  My sincerest condolences to you and you family.
Cheers, Al

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 07:58:30 PM »
Very sorry to hear this news. 

thelocomechanic

• Fireman
  • Indiana Hi-Rail Corp
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 10:07:02 PM »
R.I.P. William you will be missed, thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends of william.
" The Loco Mechanic"

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 10:11:48 PM »
We at ITM will miss him also.  He often came with his dad Dennis and brother Ira to help with various tasks.

Debbie

• Engineer
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 05:53:12 PM »
Our thoughts and prayers go out to William's family during this difficult time!
Debbie Maidon and Jason Lambert  :'(

Chaser

• Fireman
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 05:59:16 PM »
Thoughts and Prayers go out to you and your other family members.  on your loss.

MDavis

• Superintendent
  • VP; Webmaster Naptown White River
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 11:37:56 PM »
Man, he's about my age, that's low.

As everyone else said, my condolences on your and your family's loss. High Greens to William, til his next destination.
In accordance with our lease agreements with the Army, graffitists at JPG will be considered tresspassing and a national threat, and shot on sight.
-CMPA: HO
http://www.sites.google.com/site/cmpaho

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 10:30:45 AM »
Will had many Friends. As Many said yesterday, You could not have known a better person. George from The Monon Historical Society Said, That when Will was Riding on the Platform of the Lynn Car. He was Very Excited to be a part of that Move. Will told George he was looking forward to Working on the Lynn. Will had many plans and a Bright Future ahead of him. As the Pastor Said Will got caught in Vulnerable Situtation. This has Hurt Me Very Much as I have known The Family for over 10 Years and have watched William Grow Up since age 8. William always Stopped by the Fire Station When I was Working. Yesterday we did not tell William Good by. We will See You Later. You are at Peace now. God Bless You My Friend.