Author Topic: Change in ITM Mangement, and future events - MUST READ!  (Read 1088 times)

CHomko

• Engineer
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
Change in ITM Mangement, and future events - MUST READ!
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:18:46 PM »
Ok, I haven't elaborated too much on that so here I go.  Art Hall won the November election for Chairman of the Board for ITM.  Art is also the current president of the board of zoning appeals and founder of the economic development committee in Cicero.  I have said in the past that there are plans in the works for a permanent shop and musuem (library, exhibt area, etc.) that are being collaborated in conjunction with the city of....... yes you guessed it, Cicero!  Hmmm, I'm sure you can put 2 and 2 together on this one.  If anyone has any doubts about changes happening at ITM, then you need to attend a Board meeting and see it for yourself.

Board Meetings are held every 2nd Thursday of every month at 6:30pm.  Location should always be the conference room in Fishers Station where the Fair Train departs for the Fairgrounds.

Some other things in the works are:

1. A question:  Would card holding members only (not family or relatives) of other musuems like free access to the to the museum in the park and REGULARLY scheduled "weekend express to Atlanta" trains (NOT any other trains such as pizza train, Hamiltonian, Fireworks, polar bear etc.)?  Before this can happen, an agreement must be made for the other musuem to also reciprocate the same courtesy to ITM members as well.  If you would like to see this happen, please post to this message and let me know.  I will be happy to pass all positive comments to the Board.

2. An ITM MEMBER APPRECIATION DAY is being planned for sometime in February.  It's time that this long standing tradition was resurrected.  It sounds to me like it is being planned to be something big.  I will let all know of time and date as I get it.

3. Track work:  A long standing ITM member is generously donating track equipment to ITM.   The member making the donation is hoping to have some of the equipment moved up to ITM within a month or two.

3. Besides 587, ITM 72 an ex Milwaukee RR F-7A is also being restored.  It will be painted in MONON PURDUE COLORS!  Yes, CALLING ALL PURDUE ALUMNI, STUDENTS, FACULTY AND FANS!  Now Purdue's black and gold will also be represented at ITM instead of just the IU colors of 83 and 96.

4. CALLOUT FOR TRAIN CREWS!  Training classes for Conductors, Firemen and Engineers will be held on every Tuesday evening at 6:30pm in February, and every Wednesday at 6:30pm in March.  Location to be announced.  To attend you  MUST BE AN ITM MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING and must RSVP to reserve a slot.  Please contact Jay Harmon at nkp426@juno.com if interested.  ITM mostly needs Firemen and Conductors.  If operations are expanded for Fair Train this year as Chairman Art Hall foresees, ITM may also need more Engineers as well.  In any case, it is a good class to have under your belt if you ever wondered what one has to do to get qualified.

Insterested in working on any of this equipment?  WE NEED YOU!  Join ITM today!  Stop by in Forrest Park and sign up.  Membership is still only $20 for an individual annually or $35 for your whole family!  Come on out and at least see for yourself what is going on.  Contact Hugh Harris if unable to get out to the Park to join at hughrharris@aol.com.  He will be glad to help you become a member!

Chris Homko
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 07:53:37 PM by CHomko »
Chris Homko

indrr

• Administrator
  • Tycoon
  • indrr admin
Re: Change in ITM Mangement, and future events - MUST READ!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 10:05:24 PM »
Cool, thanks for the update. 

What museums are possible to reciprocate memberships?  I think the outside museum family memberships could be acceptable, if there were a limit on numbers of riders per outside family membership.

I heard that Monon based the paint schemes on Wabash College and Depauw University rather than IU and Purdue.  I suppose it just depends on where the author went to school  :D
Nathan Bilger
-----------------
Board Admin, Webmaster
http://www.indianarailroads.org.

CHomko

• Engineer
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 07:51:48 PM »
From what I understood from the Board Meeting this last Thursday, ANY Musuem that writes ITM and agrees  to do the same for ITM Members is able to participate.

Wabash and DePauw... Well after looking it up I think the likely story would be that since the Monon served Bloomington, Crawfordsville, Greencastle and Lafayette; And Wabash College and IU BOTH have Red/Gray colors and Depauw AND Purdue both have Black/Gold colors; The Monon likely used those paint schemes becasue it honored all 4 universities who made up the bulk of their passenger traffic.  Sooooo, I don't think you would be incorrect for stating either pair of the 4 universities are represented by the paint schemes.  However, the Monon shops were in Lafayette and from what I understand, is where Purdue got its slogan "the boilermakers" from....  ;) and BTW i'm a Purdue Student LOL!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 10:12:40 PM by CHomko »
Chris Homko

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 07:58:12 PM »
and BTW i'm a Purdue Student LOL!

We won't hold this against you.  I've got them in my family too, although out numbered...    ;D