Author Topic: Looking for anyone who was around C&EI Wansford Yard in Evansville 1944-1955  (Read 2103 times)

Jessicaolds

Hi everyone! I know this is a long shot as it was so long ago, but thought I would try anyways! :)

I am looking for information about my Grandfather, Walter Clark. I was able to get some information from the C&EI historical society:

He was a yard brakeman in Evansville from 1944-1951
His employee number was 20516

If anyone knows anything about him, I'd love to hear from you! TIA! :)

Chris Brown

• Dispatcher
Most of those men and women are dead. My great uncle worked for the L&N at Howell during this time and he has been dead for 45 years. I did fine this: http://browning.evpl.org/ Great place for Southwestern Indiana genealogy.

pooch

• Brakeman
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
Hi everyone! I know this is a long shot as it was so long ago, but thought I would try anyways! :)

I am looking for information about my Grandfather, Walter Clark. I was able to get some information from the C&EI historical society:

He was a yard brakeman in Evansville from 1944-1951
His employee number was 20516

If anyone knows anything about him, I'd love to hear from you! TIA! :)

pooch

• Brakeman
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
     I was a telegrapher on C&EI from 1952  thru 1957,  and I did work a time or two at Wansford but I do not recall this name, I also worked up and down line from Terre haute to Wansford.  I tried to get you some help as I carpooled from Princeton with a switchman but find he is now deceased..Sorry