Author Topic: NS Detector  (Read 682 times)

bosworthj

• Conductor
  • P42/P40 Collector
NS Detector
« on: November 21, 2011, 04:41:47 PM »
Is there a NS detector somewhere near Frankfort?  I generally montitor channel 22 around Lafayette and sometimes there is a 242 detector which I can't place.  That would also be about the correct milepost range for Frankfort yard I would think, but nothing is shown in the timetable.
Without world class trains and internet, Indiana is failing as a sucessful competitor in the 21st Century.

• Mogul
  • Posts represent the views of no corporations
Re: NS Detector
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
242.5 is new.

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 06:08:57 PM »
Is there a NS detector somewhere near Frankfort?  I generally montitor channel 22 around Lafayette and sometimes there is a 242 detector which I can't place.  That would also be about the correct milepost range for Frankfort yard I would think, but nothing is shown in the timetable.

That is west of Frankfort yard proper. 
Frankfort yard is MP SP 236.

bosworthj

• Conductor
  • P42/P40 Collector
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 12:07:15 PM »
Thanks for that.  I wondered if it was a new one, as I don't recall hearing it in the past.  As it is now, it is seldom heard here, except when weather conditions are just right.  Since that milepost would have been appropriate for between Delphi and Buck Creek, I first started thinking it was closer to me.

How many trains a day are there at Frankfort?
Without world class trains and internet, Indiana is failing as a sucessful competitor in the 21st Century.

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 12:22:43 PM »
Thanks for that.  I wondered if it was a new one, as I don't recall hearing it in the past.  As it is now, it is seldom heard here, except when weather conditions are just right.  Since that milepost would have been appropriate for between Delphi and Buck Creek, I first started thinking it was closer to me.

How many trains a day are there at Frankfort?

It varies daily.  Depending on the grain traffic.
With only 1 schedule train (124) the only other regular traffic are the locals, then toss in a ton of grain.  
6 total trains a day over that scanner.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:30:08 PM by CIOR »