Author Topic: 'Signed' EMD Locomotives  (Read 1858 times)

danielm75

• Fireman
'Signed' EMD Locomotives
« on: September 19, 2011, 02:49:53 PM »
This posting is for all out there, whether retired railroader, or musem/shop worker...  This may be a (very) long shot, but for anyone that works on EMD locomotives built between the late-'30s to the early '60s...my great-grandfather worked and retired from EMD in LaGrange.  He would stick-weld his name on the chassis as he was building them.  If it wasn't his name, it was one of my two great-uncle's names.  I don't know if the ones we have at ITM have his name on them (it'd be nice if they did).  I'm asking, that if someone sees 'HMac,' 'VMac,' or some variant, please capture it on film and send it to me.  I've never seen his signature personally, and it would be really neat to connect with a family member (he died a few years before I was born, so never got to talk to him).  Thanks in advance!

DWX9929

• Engineer
Re: 'Signed' EMD Locomotives
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 09:54:21 PM »
That's a neat little touch your great-grandfather did. Wish more people today would take more pride in their work. Hope you get some responses. Please post pics if you do.
"Governments first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."- Ronald Reagan

danielm75

• Fireman
Re: 'Signed' EMD Locomotives
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 07:10:38 PM »
Thanks!  I may have not been able to talk to my great-grandfather in person, seeing his name stick-welded on a loco would be a close 'connection.'