Author Topic: CSX Streamer South of Lafayette  (Read 909 times)

bosworthj

• Conductor
  • P42/P40 Collector
CSX Streamer South of Lafayette
« on: September 16, 2011, 05:09:24 PM »
There is another radio stream for the CSX, on radio reference dot com site.  It's in Montgomery County and covers both the Indy dispatcher coming into Crawfordsville on 30/46, and the Monon on up to Lafayette.

I don't know who the responsible party for it is, but I'd like to thank them for their efforts.  The south Raub detector comes in loud and clear, and anybody know knows us will attest that we love and cherish our detectors!  Picking up low wattage transmissions from the railroads has to be the greatest combination of several hobbies, all wrapped up into one package.

Our White County streamer picks up about where that one in Montygumryland leaves off, so now there is almost a total coverage of our Amtrak/CSX friends on the Monon, on good days at least, from Crawfordsville thru Tippy and Monon way up past Rensseltucky to Fair Oaks and sometimes Lowell.  A good two hours of Amtrak listening in the morning and the evening, to give you something else to do besides watching crime show reruns.

Without world class trains and internet, Indiana is failing as a sucessful competitor in the 21st Century.

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
Re: CSX Streamer South of Lafayette
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 05:53:25 PM »
Don't forget major feed in the Indy Terminal ether. You can hear Amtrak switching in the station downtown.

http://inrd.gotdns.com/inrdradio.htm
If in doubt, Notch it out!

bosworthj

• Conductor
  • P42/P40 Collector
Indy Feed
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 11:02:28 PM »
Yep, I figured everybody already knew about it!  I just wish Amtrak would change the train times so that Indy wasn't so early and so late!

PO 50 is coming your way now, 36 axles thru here, and got held up on the UP in Chicago again.  Engine 163 doing the honors.
Without world class trains and internet, Indiana is failing as a sucessful competitor in the 21st Century.

• Mogul
  • Posts represent the views of no corporations
Re: Indy Feed
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 10:44:04 AM »
Yep, I figured everybody already knew about it!  I just wish Amtrak would change the train times so that Indy wasn't so early and so late!

PO 50 is coming your way now, 36 axles thru here, and got held up on the UP in Chicago again.  Engine 163 doing the honors.
I've heard they are going to make it earlier out of Indy and later out of Chicago.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
Re: Indy Feed
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 12:01:22 PM »
I've heard they are going to make it earlier out of Indy and later out of Chicago.

Not to get off track, but I seem to remember the WB Hoosier State getting into Lafayette earlier then it currently does?  EB didn't usually get in until 2300 or 2330?  It was great being a student at Purdue, you could get on the train early in the morning, and be into Chicago by about 0930 central (if it was on time).  Outbound train didn't leave until sometime after 2000, and back into Lafayette by about 2330.  Made a full day trip to Chicago possible, without the necessary expense of a hotel room.  I think they did something similar in Michigan, having a train originate at BC or K-zoo to tap into the WMU students that might want to visit Chicago.  Its due into Lafayette WB at almost 0800 now?  Indy at midnight EB?

I rode the train from Lafayette to Chicago, to Toledo to go take the tests for Conductor's School.  I remember lengthy lay-overs both ways in Chicago waiting for my connecting trains.  The Capital Limited was something like an hour and a half early into Chicago the day I rode it, the exact opposite of what I wanted.  Ended up hitting up the Field Museum during my layover.  Bus out, walked back on a nice spring day.

Practice Safe CSX

bosworthj

• Conductor
  • P42/P40 Collector
Hoosier Timing
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 12:48:28 PM »
The time change messes things up coming south, but they did move the departure out of Chicago up about an hour not too long ago.  Still on most nights with the regular delays, that continues to put 850 into Indy at an UnGawdlie Hour.

Mornings I believe also may have been pushed a little, probably to accomodate the Cardinal so that they can continue to both run on the same schedules.  I love the fact that you can get from Lafayette to Rensellaer instantaneously, arriving both places at the same time.  That has still got to confuse a lot of folk.