Author Topic: Dual Radios Testing on the Monon/Delphi Streamer  (Read 685 times)

bosworthj

• Conductor
  • P42/P40 Collector
Dual Radios Testing on the Monon/Delphi Streamer
« on: September 16, 2011, 05:00:42 PM »
Got a second radio, and now operating left and right audio channels on the railroadradio.net Indiana streamer.  That way the NS between Logansport and Lafayette can still be heard uninterrupted on one audio channel, with Amtrak Cardinal and Hoosier on the other.  Just adjust the audio slider between left and right to optimize the desired channel.  In the past I was having to stop the NS scan temporarily so that Decatur or Lafayette wouldn't be talking over top of our Amtrak or J769 CSX friends.

Winamp is still the recommended player to listen on, although any one with an audio slider will do.  For Ipads and phones that don't have a slider, it presents a slight problem, but unless both radios are talking at once, it hopefully will work out.  Ipads will work now, thanks to some changes at RRR.net  You have to use the mobile link over on the right side of the home page, as the main page top tabs are for some reason not enabled on the home page at this time.

If there are any comments or questions on the change, please bring them to our attention here or give me a side message.

Tanks!
Without world class trains and internet, Indiana is failing as a sucessful competitor in the 21st Century.

NSNORFOLKSOUTHERNFAN

• Conductor
Re: Dual Radios Testing on the Monon/Delphi Streamer
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 06:07:01 PM »
Very good job on the Monon Feed! I've been listening for a few minutes it works good! But I could not find the NS Lafayette Streamer to listen to it can you link me to it please! Thanks!
"Yeah I'm a railfan gotta problem with that?

bosworthj

• Conductor
  • P42/P40 Collector
Re: Dual Radios Testing on the Monon/Delphi Streamer
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 03:41:13 PM »
The one I was referring to south of Lafayette is on radioreference.com  They index their stuff by live feed across the top as I recall, then there is a national map and you click on Indiana.  I will see if there is a link I can capture and post.

I believe there is also a feed coming from Purdue.  I found it once, but then I lost it, and never could find it again.  I know they do have the ATCS receiver there on top of one of the buildings.
Without world class trains and internet, Indiana is failing as a sucessful competitor in the 21st Century.

bosworthj

• Conductor
  • P42/P40 Collector
Stream URL's for your Audio Player
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 03:52:56 PM »
On the radioreference.com site, there are 113 live audio feeds listed, but only the one that is strictly railroad.  On the top of their home page there is a tab for live audio, then go to the state map, and click on Montgomery County (first county south of Tippy).  Sometimes these links work if you type them into your audio player, sometimes they don't.

http://radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=8936

For our White county Monon stream, we are at railroadradio.net  Got it listed under central time zone since most of our area is on Chicago time and/or dispatched on Chicago time.

http://railaudio2.railroadradio.net:7282