Author Topic: Special Excursion on the WWV  (Read 946 times)

Pullman2641

• Brakeman
Special Excursion on the WWV
« on: August 31, 2011, 10:04:43 PM »
Dear All;

The Cincinnati Railroad Club,inc inconjuction with the Whitewater Valley Railroad Company, will operate at Photographers Special on Saturday September 24th from Connersville,Indiana over the entire portion of the former NYC's Whitewater Valley Line.

This is an club only trip, but we have decided that with such short notice that we will welcome additions folks to join us on the special outing, the Whitewater Valley will be cosmetically reletter the former C.U.T. #25 Switcher, back to full Cincinnati Union Terminal Colors for a 1 day to celebrate the locomotives 60th Birthday. ;D

Tickets are $50.00 per person

Consist will be the #25, NYC Transfer Caboose, NYC (B&A) Coach,Erie Coach & an former B&O I-5 Class Caboose.

The #25 is the only surviving member of the 6 Lima's that were built for CUT in 1951, the I&O had until just an couple of years ago the #20, but was cut cut for scrap where it was located for many years in an siding in Brookville,Ind.

Tickets are availible from the Cincinnati Railroad Club, Inc thru there website at www.cincinnatrrclub.org or by calling the CRRC at 513-651-RAIL (7245) for additional information.

Pullman2641

• Brakeman
Update on the WWV Special Excursion
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 01:10:07 AM »
Dear All;

Just to update everyone wanting ticket information on the WWV/CRRC Special Train Excursion on Saturday September 24th.

All inquire's about ticket purchase's contact Jim Corbett at e-mail address at candorail@fuse.net, or call him at 513-604-6229. ;)

The ticket agent at CRRC will not be able too handel your request thru there address, the information is still availible on there web site at www.cincinnatirrclub.org contact Jim Corbett above for Tickets Purchases.

Thanks

Pullman2641

• Brakeman
Re: Special Excursion on the WWV has been Postponed
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 12:05:57 AM »
Dear All Concerned;

The Special Excursion on the Whitewater Valley Railroad scheduled for this Saturday September 24th, has been POSTPONED until the Spring of 2012, due too low ticket sales for this excursion (3 Tickets Sold), the Cincinnati Railroad Club has decided too reschedule this excursion with former CUT Switcher #25, to sometime in the spring of 2012, we will start advertising this trip again around the first of the year, stay tuned for futher updates.

Thanks

Jim Corbett
Trip Chairman/CRRC

ShorterWWValley

• Brakeman
Re: Special Excursion on the WWV
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 12:53:35 AM »
I'm sure I will probably hear next week ... but any word so far?