Author Topic: Greensburg Fall Excursion - 2011  (Read 3945 times)

INprinter

• Willing to railfan for deep fried pickles!
  • Global Moderator
  • Mogul
  • Licensed Ham Radio Operator - K9SVL
Re: Greensburg Fall Excursion - 2011
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 04:25:04 PM »
Nice pictures Scrappy. You can't see me, but I'm actually standing at or near the doorway of the Baggage Car.

INprinter
Shelbyville-1st RR in IN: 7/4/1834. 1st RR abandoned in IN: K&S RR 1854, 26 miles. Making IN RR history. Without photons photography would be a black art. You can never get cornered in the Roundhouse.

Jeff Wagoner

• Engineer
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 07:09:57 PM »
I just chased the train between New Point and Greensburg. Followed the line(sort of) from Aurora to Sunman, and then went west at Batesville. Wasn't sure how much time the train would make.

INprinter

• Global Moderator
  • Mogul
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 09:16:34 PM »
Dear All;

... both the Dinner Train and the First Class Cars had an fair admount of folks riding too, and not an Sellout by any means, overall it was an Good Day to Ride the Rail in Indiana.   

I can't think that I am alone on the subject that we would have bought a "First Class Ticket" had we known they were for sale. Seeing how the "First Class" Cars were not sold out as you state, seems as though a little better marketing effort towards repeat customers like myself is probably in order. When I bought my "Baggage Class" ticket I asked, as I have in the past, that I am interested in upgrading if and when it becomes available. I don't know your marketing plan on how you wish to sell "First Class" ticket accommodations, but if you want to sell more of them as I am sure the owners would want to do, you need to let more of us know that they are available. I checked the website several times and never once saw any mention of "First Class" ticket sales. If these accommodations are only available to "special" groups who order in quantity and can fill the car(s) I can fully understand this marketing approach. If you had empty "First Class" seats available Sunday morning I totally cannot understand why they were not being offered.

INprinter

Shelbyville-1st RR in IN: 7/4/1834. 1st RR abandoned in IN: K&S RR 1854, 26 miles. Making IN RR history. Without photons photography would be a black art. You can never get cornered in the Roundhouse.

DWX9929

• Engineer
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 10:06:35 PM »
Inprinter-  It was nice meeting you on the return trip. I think I learned a thing or two about the line.
"Governments first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."- Ronald Reagan

INprinter

• Global Moderator
  • Mogul
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 08:35:37 PM »
Inprinter-  It was nice meeting you on the return trip. I think I learned a thing or two about the line.

Likewise, nice talking with you during the ride. I hope I was able to at least give some info on the line. There are several other guys on the forum here that really are experts on this line and have spent many years actually working on the line. Keep up with camera work as well and when you get out railfanning please try to post your pictures here.

INprinter