Author Topic: 1 vehicle crash at the rail cossing at Hawg-N-Sauce just occurred  (Read 1048 times)

Appalling hauling

• President
First responders are trying to call EVWR because it appears the vehicle was struck by a train.They are calling for extrication.Im trying to catch what the morning switch crew.The middle cars were apparently hit & they were unaware the train was hit.The traffic Im hearing verifies that.The crew is still working & there is no indication they were aware it occurred.LifeFlight has also been notified.
I called Posey County Dispatch & tried to tell them precisely where the switch crew was working (west side) and the b**chspatcher got short with me & said "We are TRYING to contact them now!" & hung up on me.The officers want all traffic on the line stopped & all trains that have used the line recently returned to the scene for investigation.By the time the idiots at POCO b**chscratch call all the 800 numbers,their execs will be out on the golf course.
Correction,PCBS got a hold of Paducah & got short with them as the gal at EVWR/PAL dispatch relayed to the crew & told them,"They gave us the DOT number of the crossing at Lenard Rd saying a car was struck before hanging up.I'll call them back & try to get more information.
Wow! all this time I thought it was just me who thought the dispatchers at POCO had a God complex & their communication skills are for completely digested Alpo.There is no one to discipline them either.This is a problem in major metropolitan areas as well.I used to think in was the towers that caused so many lightning strikes there.Now,I believe its God getting in target practice & trying to warn them if they dont lose the attitude,HE hits harder & faster than any train.
The crew is now walking the train 4 inspection.They were notified that LifeFlight is grounded & they are going to have to transport in the ambulance thats been there staging.If the family sues,sign me up.I dont want a dime.I want that Dispatch Center completely overthrown & the B-spatchers dropped off in an open river bank below Savah during an exteme electrical storm.Its several miles to shelter where Im thinking.We'll see how many of them the Lord wants to meet face to face.All in favor relpy Aye,any opposed reply "Nay".
 The crew is thinking the driver was drunk & bounced off a car they already dropped off at a siding.But they still have to hold all traffic & inspect every car in the area.FUBAR.
They have located the car the vehicle hit.The truck that hit the train is still on the tracks at Hawg N Sauce.The car struck is at Southwind Ports MP339,6 Out of Service to MP340.The investigation is between Posey County Sheriffs Department & Mt Vernon Police Dept.
Dont put anything here that may upset a "mod".

Appalling hauling

• President
The occupants of the vehicle were extricated & transported to Deaconess ER (if they werent in enough pain before those "techs" get their hands on them) a Posey County deputy is there awaiting BAC tests & news on whether they'll be released or not.If the driver is determined to have been intoxicated,he or she will be arrested upon release.If the passenger dies & the driver is in too bad of shape to be released without treatment,the deputy will consult with the prosecutor as to when the driver is to be arrested because if they arrest the driver in the hoispital,the county gets the bill.

Traffic remains stopped at the above listed area but should be restored as soon as the crime scene,STB,& anyone else who has a say gives EVWR the ok.

To me,the whole thing is just stupid-First,a driver just HAS to get so drunk he or she cant see a train in front of them & slams into it.Secondly,the local dispatch center.This is not a local problem.A few years ago when I was returning from Florida The news channels were full of 911 Dispatch Centers horror stories that led to fatalities.I heard the recordings & was shocked at these dispatchers practices of "assertion" over situation.Problem is,who runs these centers? Political appointments.No one polices them & they hold the citizens lives in their hands.Thats just too much latitude to give ANY municipal agency & its clear from the communication problems & crisis reports from the public,all is not well in Dispatch land.Third,holding up rail traffic over some drunk driver hitting the middle of the train & making everyone re-trace their steps over it hurts everyone.

Unfortunately,my wife Karen who works for the Dept of Welfare summed it up for me in a nutshell."If there were a law that they actually enforced that prevented idiots from breeding there would be good news & bad news.The good news,there would be a lot less situations such as this.The bad news,I'd be out of a job." Smart woman that wife of mine which is why she scares the crap out of me (keeps me regular :D)

Apparently,the all clear had been given & I missed when.The trains are on the move again.

CSX2605

• Mogul
  • Remember the Semaphores!
Wow.  Hit a EVW train thats going to the old GE plant. Lets see....tankers and hoppers to GE...if its not corrosive, flammable or poisonous, then the cars are not GE's(Sabic or whatever Saudi Co its called now. So much for Homeland Security.  ;D).

We had the same problem with 911 here at Vincennes a few years ago. Tried to tell the gal that there was a fire along the RR tracks and she kept telling us, "We put that one out". No, this is another one. She still insisted that the fire dept put it out. We told her to call the fire station out here as they had a line of sight to the fire from across the fields. Finally we threatened to sue the county if there would be property damage then she finally put out the call to the fire dept to put out the fire and guess what, there WAS a fire! Holy smokes.  What an attitude! Gee Whiz! She probably still has her job.

INprinter

• Willing to railfan for deep fried pickles!
  • Global Moderator
  • Mogul
  • Licensed Ham Radio Operator - K9SVL
They will all have numerous career advancements and be amply rewarded and decorated at the next Bspatchers banquet.

Inprinter
Shelbyville-1st RR in IN: 7/4/1834. 1st RR abandoned in IN: K&S RR 1854, 26 miles. Making IN RR history. Without photons photography would be a black art. You can never get cornered in the Roundhouse.

Appalling hauling

• President
Re: 1 vehicle crash at the rail cossing at Hawg-N-Sauce just occurred
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 03:58:24 PM »
Wow.  Hit a EVW train thats going to the old GE plant. Lets see....tankers and hoppers to GE...if its not corrosive, flammable or poisonous, then the cars are not GE's(Sabic or whatever Saudi Co its called now. So much for Homeland Security.  ;D).

We had the same problem with 911 here at Vincennes a few years ago. Tried to tell the gal that there was a fire along the RR tracks and she kept telling us, "We put that one out". No, this is another one. She still insisted that the fire dept put it out. We told her to call the fire station out here as they had a line of sight to the fire from across the fields. Finally we threatened to sue the county if there would be property damage then she finally put out the call to the fire dept to put out the fire and guess what, there WAS a fire! Holy smokes.  What an attitude! Gee Whiz! She probably still has her job.