Author Topic: CIND Operations  (Read 259300 times)

indyspy

• Jay Gould
  • Resident ATCS guru.
Re: CIND Operations
« Reply #2220 on: October 15, 2020, 12:03:06 AM »
TTX pulling racks put of storage out west somewhere?
If in doubt, Notch it out!

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #2221 on: October 15, 2020, 12:15:20 AM »
TTX pulling racks put of storage out west somewhere?

Moves have been coming off the UP, so probably.

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #2222 on: October 15, 2020, 08:38:14 AM »
Not many if any SERVICABLE multi-levels in storage right now.   Lot of box cars and bulkhead/center beams in storage.   Also a LOT of stuff waiting to go into shop for program rebuild (we have over 100 FTTX on hand).  This is probably a case of squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Understand Honda Greensburg is 800-1000 railcars behind on allocation over past couple months.  A number of years ago, I was a regular participant in the daily morning North American Multi Level Pool conference call.   Call was moderated by TTX and had car management from the class 1's, key shortlines, and the manufactures.  Generally speaking, the manufacture's reps would plead their case for equipment and TTX would dictate where to send cars, and rerouting cars off one class 1 to another like these UP trains going to Honda was very common. 
The opinions, views, and incoherent ramblings presented here do not necessarily represent the view point of any company I work for or own,  any logical thinking being, or even me.

crblue

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #2223 on: October 15, 2020, 09:26:16 AM »
Understand Honda Greensburg is 800-1000 railcars behind on allocation over past couple months.   
What is the cause for this railcar shortfall? Have the railroads been slow to respond to Honda ramping up production? Has Honda production increased dramatically over the past few months? If so, is this production increase a long-term thing (I believe the Greensburg plant was scheduled to start building a new model) or are they getting back to "normal" from pandemic-related slowdowns?

And, of course, there is the elephant in the room...west coast states seem intent on outlawing new passenger vehicles with internal combustion engines in the near future. I wonder what long-term plans Honda has for the Greensburg and Marysville, Ohio, assembly plants. Will they convert to electric car production? Yeah, I know, not exactly railroad related.

scraphauler

• Tycoon
« Reply #2224 on: October 15, 2020, 11:34:22 AM »
Arobb00 cab probably attest to production levels but I understand they are strong. Think itís perfect storm of increased production and disrupted distribution channels.  Greensburg already builds the Insight along with the Civic and CRV. Everything Iíve read indicates Greensburg and Marysville will have no problem adjusting to whatever direction the market goes.
The opinions, views, and incoherent ramblings presented here do not necessarily represent the view point of any company I work for or own,  any logical thinking being, or even me.

arobb00

• Superintendent
« Reply #2225 on: October 15, 2020, 04:33:25 PM »
Demand is pretty strong currently.  They keep the yard pretty empty of, well, empties lol.  They seem to quickly load anything that comes this way.

IU_Tower

• Mogul
« Reply #2226 on: October 15, 2020, 11:17:43 PM »
REOPEN THE WEST END!!!!

Sorry Scrappy....I had to say it.
Former resident of Indiana, now living at the beach in NC

xgap

• President
« Reply #2227 on: October 15, 2020, 11:36:33 PM »
Some of the above may apply to Ford at Louisville. And the demand has hardly been met, for racks that is. Since day one of HH.

arobb00

• Superintendent
« Reply #2228 on: October 21, 2020, 04:57:20 PM »
Got stopped at Monfort Street on my way to work by the Two Amigos lugging 6 tank cars and about 73 loaded racks eastbound. Lead locomotive started across the road at exactly 4pm. 

Tree City Train

• Brakeman
« Reply #2229 on: October 23, 2020, 06:04:47 PM »
Good evening all,

Last two days have been good timing for train watching.  Saw the Two Amigos pulling 80 cars eastbound both Thursday and Friday.  Was very fortunate today to see them as they crossed Monfort in Greensburg.  May go down to Batesville  Saturday morning to see train exhibit at their historical society and hopefully see a WB run as well.   Last few weeks have been really good to watch and a few weeks ago met two others from the forum east of Greensburg.  Cannot remember the names but one was from Muncie and the other was from Fort Wayne.  Good to see younger people interested in trains besides old geezers like me.  I hope everyone has a good day.

Keep on training,

Tree City Train

scraphauler

• Tycoon
« Reply #2230 on: October 28, 2020, 01:30:22 PM »
Westbound Honda job passing Batesville this morning as a Wirtgen cold milling machine works in the background.  The milling machine is owned by the John R Jorgenson Company (JRJ) and being operated by their wholly owned subsidiary The Paul Rohe Company.  JRJ is the parent company of Melvin Stone and Valley Asphalt who have the huge new facility on  Kilby Road just north of Valley Jct yard that IORY/CIND pump unit trains of stone into.   

trainmaster53

• Jay Gould
« Reply #2231 on: October 28, 2020, 04:16:23 PM »
What was the Second Locomotive?

scraphauler

• Tycoon
« Reply #2232 on: October 28, 2020, 04:35:46 PM »
OHCR 4023 - here's a pic of it back around the 1st of the month - 4023 has been on the Honda job for a couple months now - it will probably cycle back out when it's due it's 92 day inspection.

arobb00

• Superintendent
« Reply #2233 on: October 28, 2020, 04:40:50 PM »
Where does the CIND/G&W send their power for inspections? Do they have a specific location or do they have a nearby 'home terminal'?

scraphauler

• Tycoon
« Reply #2234 on: October 28, 2020, 04:47:45 PM »
IORY McCullough Yard in Norwood OH.   They have a full engine house with pit, etc. there and is where all IORY/CIND power is based.    For the most part, once a unit is assigned to the Honda Job, it seems to stay on until it's 92 day is up. 

arobb00

• Superintendent
« Reply #2235 on: October 28, 2020, 04:50:44 PM »
IORY McCullough Yard in Norwood OH.   They have a full engine house with pit, etc. there and is where all IORY/CIND power is based.    For the most part, once a unit is assigned to the Honda Job, it seems to stay on until it's 92 day is up.

Thanks, Scrap.

scraphauler

• Tycoon
« Reply #2236 on: November 22, 2020, 12:58:38 PM »
CIND Honda Job westbound thru New Point IN at 1110 AM Sunday Nov 22, with IORY 5012, IORY 4084. and IORY 3489 tugging on nearly 9000 feet of train - 19 empty Tri Levels and 73 empty Bi Levels

arobb00

• Superintendent
« Reply #2237 on: November 23, 2020, 07:18:17 PM »
One of the GP50's return to the line, or do they mainly use them in local service around and east of Valley?  Had not seen a 4-axle on a Honda train in quite a while (tho I don't see them all lol)

scraphauler

• Tycoon
« Reply #2238 on: November 23, 2020, 10:02:33 PM »
One of the GP50's return to the line, or do they mainly use them in local service around and east of Valley?  Had not seen a 4-axle on a Honda train in quite a while (tho I don't see them all lol)

They Always keep a 4 axle or two at Valley to serve Siemer Milling in West Harrison, Ineos in Addyston, and the Lawrenceburg branch.  Just they grab whatever is convenient at Valley when they need a third motor

scraphauler

• Tycoon
« Reply #2239 on: January 30, 2021, 01:04:36 PM »
IORY 4071/IORY 3493 westbound at MP52 at noon, Saturday 1/30/21