Author Topic: Inside Amtrak Beech Grove Repair Facilities - Part 1  (Read 2652 times)

MrFSS

• Engineer
Inside Amtrak Beech Grove Repair Facilities - Part 1
« on: June 10, 2011, 11:34:31 AM »
Several years ago the Amtrak Beech Grove facility was opened to the public in conjunction with the city of Beech Grove's anniversary (I forget which one it was - 100 - 150?)

I took the tour and was able to photo the inside of the place.  Normally it is like a bank vault trying to get in there.  Security is very tight.  Many times when I am in the Indy area visiting family I will stop but and shoot pictures from the fence line.  They have even gotten sort of picky about that, now.

Anyway - here are a few of the pictures I took that day.  Questions - comments - let me know.

(That's me in picture #2)
I am an Administrator of Discuss Amtrak Trains

IndyHog

• Chief Dispatcher
Re: Inside Amtrak Beech Grove Repair Facilities - Part 1
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 12:50:03 PM »
You mean inside the Beech Grove Concentration & Extermination Camp? Did you see the black helicopters?

Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss......

INprinter

• The Working Man from Shelbyville!
  • Global Moderator
  • Mogul
  • K9SVL
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 12:54:42 PM »
MrFSS,

You have a really nice collection of pictures and memories. Just keep posting them. It certainly puts a smile on our faces for sure. Yeah, if you do have some pictures of those black helicopters and secret internment facilities there at Beech Grove, be sure to post them as well. ;D ;D ;D

Inprinter
Shelbyville-1st RR in IN: 7/4/1834. 1st RR abandoned in IN: K&S RR 1854, 26 miles. Making IN RR history. Without photons photography would be a black art. You can never get cornered in the Roundhouse.

MrFSS

• Engineer
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 12:59:40 PM »
MrFSS,

You have a really nice collection of pictures and memories. Just keep posting them. It certainly puts a smile on our faces for sure. Yeah, if you do have some pictures of those black helicopters and secret internment facilities there at Beech Grove, be sure to post them as well. ;D ;D ;D

Inprinter

I had seen that FEMA video before.  In fact, one time I was doing a search looking to see who may have used or where my pictures may have ended up out on the net and found some of my BG pictures associated with FEMA llnks!

I'l post more later.
I am an Administrator of Discuss Amtrak Trains

rrnut282

• President
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 01:01:29 PM »
The best catch would be an interior shot of the white boxcars with the shackles. :D
rrnut2-8-2
(Mike)

INprinter

• The Working Man from Shelbyville!
  • Global Moderator
  • Mogul
  • K9SVL
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 01:04:04 PM »

I had seen that FEMA video before.  In fact, one time I was doing a search looking to see who may have used or where my pictures may have ended up out on the net and found some of my BG pictures associated with FEMA llnks!

I'l post more later.

I think we have opened a can of worms.  ::) Not that it hasn't happened many times before around here. The whole FEMA thing hasn't been dragged out and dusted off for quite awhile. ::) ::) ::)

Inprinter

PS. Keep the pics coming anyway.
Shelbyville-1st RR in IN: 7/4/1834. 1st RR abandoned in IN: K&S RR 1854, 26 miles. Making IN RR history. Without photons photography would be a black art. You can never get cornered in the Roundhouse.

• Mogul
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 01:28:59 PM »
I'm actually in on the FEMA deal.  Here's the proof...

1: Disguised as a passenger car transfer table, this will be used to move prisoners to the correct tracks for classification.
2: A secret engine hidden inside to help with switching.
3: This will be the prison engineer's view of the empty Beech Grove streets once everyone has been captured.

Cmdr_Suds

• Chief Dispatcher
  • Notch eight and sanding!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 11:10:10 PM »
Great pics!
Does anyone have an idea why the "over the top" security ???  I have done work at military bases that could take a lession from Amtrak.
CSX CE&D Sub (thanks CSX2605)

"There is no substitue for hard work.  But that doesn't mean I am going to stop looking.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 09:33:39 AM »
Great pics!
Does anyone have an idea why the "over the top" security ???  I have done work at military bases that could take a lession from Amtrak.

Letsee here, a lot of high dollar inventory in that place, that locals I'm sure would love to take to the scrap heap for extra cash.  Plus, damaged and destroyed equipment, a lawyers dream situation.  Trespass, get hurt, and sue because they didn't keep you out.  So, yeah, no reason to have fences and security.

Practice Safe CSX

Cmdr_Suds

• Chief Dispatcher
  • Notch eight and sanding!
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 05:29:50 PM »
You could say the same about Avon, yet there is hardly a fence to be found.  Heck, you can drive right through and not get stopped.  Why do they have turn styles for the employees?  I have done work at auto plants with a lot more valuable stuff you can fit in you lunch box and they don't search the employees.
CSX CE&D Sub (thanks CSX2605)

"There is no substitue for hard work.  But that doesn't mean I am going to stop looking.