Author Topic: "Train Yard Sale"  (Read 727 times)

CIC-CEI-CAS

• Chief Dispatcher
"Train Yard Sale"
« on: June 09, 2011, 07:25:52 PM »
Hi All,
    Lee Johnson asked me to post this for him....
Jim Thomas - Kokomo

Lee is having a dual function event at his home in Kokomo.  He is having a "Train Yard Sale" sponsored by the Midwestern Model RR Club for modelers to come and set up under his shade trees and sell their extra model railroad items. Think of this as a yard sale to buy and sell new and used model train items in a variety of scales. Everyone is to bring their own card tables or TV trays to set up on...or maybe even an old door!  There is no charge for the space or electricity.  General public is welcome. This is a one day event on June 25th with a rain date on the 26th.  If we have rain both days, it's cancelled.  Hours are 10:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. Call Lee for detailed information at 765-868-2714.
      Meet our club members and make some new friends.  While there see the Louisville Eastern layout in operation.....it's 72x24!!!!!!!!!!
The layout is DCC controlled and double deck! You've got to see it to believe it. This should be an enjoyable day for all.   

I wasn't sure whether to post this under model photos where Lee has his layout pictures or here since it will be quite a gathering. So I put it both places. I hope this was the correct way to make the announcement. - Jim

SOUfan

• Dispatcher
Re: "Train Yard Sale"
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 07:34:54 AM »
Sounds great Jim! 

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 01:07:08 PM »
Interesting idea! 
Just hope it doesn't cause any issues with the neighbors?

It could start others doing the same!! 

oat324

• Dispatcher
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 03:42:44 PM »
Where is this being held in Kokomo? I have a friend who works for Amtrak living there and wants to sell his items. I will be there and bringing all of my Amtrak, Conrail, NS, Tranz Rail, New Zealand Rail, etc.. things to the festivities if my train can come in on time Friday.

CIC-CEI-CAS

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:04:20 PM »
Yes, it's in Kokomo on the west side.  Send me your personal email and I'll send you a flyer with the specifics.
Jim

CIC-CEI-CAS

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 09:12:06 PM »
Lee,
  Thanks for putting on the "Train Yard Sale" and the open house of your layout today.  Everyone I talked to at the sale and at the shop afterward seemed to have a great time and really enjoyed seeing the layout operate!  If anyone got pictures please post them.
Jim Thomas