Author Topic: Fixing/Updating ATCS maps?  (Read 2859 times)

shane_man15

• Mogul
  • Back to building quality Honda products again.
Fixing/Updating ATCS maps?
« on: May 18, 2011, 12:04:54 AM »
I'm trying to fix up these Cincinnati maps for a trip in the near future, and I'm having trouble with some of the MCPs on the NS portion of it.

Anyone that knows what they're doing, please chime in. :D
Shane Smiley (shane_man15)

Modeler of the Muncie, Richmond, and Fernald Railway.
Train horns are also my thing.

GIMME A CORVETTE ALREADY!

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
Re: Fixing/Updating ATCS maps?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 12:13:16 AM »
>>>>>>>>>>>????????<<<<<<<<<<<<
followed by
 ???

Now....do you mean the kit that Shawn did for the entire New Castle District?  or another one?

shane_man15

• Mogul
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 12:15:25 AM »
Another one. It's for all of Cincinnati, BUT it has the OH sections on those maps as well, BUT the MCP information from the New Castle map won't transfer to these Cincinnati maps.

If need be, I can email them or find a way to upload them somehow.

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 12:23:10 AM »
Why can't you just import them into the list?

You can ask Shawn, cause I'm not sure.

shane_man15

• Mogul
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 12:24:12 AM »
Why can't you just import them into the list?

You can ask Shawn, cause I'm not sure.
I think I know why. The subdivisions are listened differently on the Cincy maps.

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 10:26:10 AM »
I am not sure what your doing. or WHY your doing it?

Cincinatti will -never- be on one layout. Here is why.

CSX has abandoned ATCS. So most of the Terminal will ever have ATCS outside of the 2 or 3 on the north end of the yard.

CSX Dayton ATCS ends at Hamilton Ohio...

CSX ATCS coverage on the ex L&N does not start until your WELL south of the city.

NS uses CSX to move thru downtown Cincinatti. CSX only put ATCS on 3 terminal interlockings on the North end of the yard.

NS CP-248 is as far south as the ATCS will ever cover on the NS from the North.

NS has ATCS on the Southern line starting at Erlanger KY.

I&O will never be Radio Code line.

So none of the ATCS segments actually touch each other in Cincinatti/Hamilton. New Castle ends at CP-248. CSX Dayton ends at Hamilton OH. NS Southern ends at Erlanger, and the CSX L&N CC ends WAY south of town. The Three MCPs on CSX at the north end of the yard are an Island. They are EXTREMELY low power MCPs. You don't pick them up over a half mile away. So server coverage will never happen as the area is all industrial and/or low income slums. I also have here rumors CSX took them off the air and put them on Satelite links. CSX has been doing this recently, CSX ATCS can be considered to be an a retrenchment mode. Any major work will cause the interlocking to be removed from ATCS.

Each ATCS Segment is done by a Different coordinator as well.

So just load the MCP and Layouts for each segment.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 02:43:02 PM by indyspy »
If in doubt, Notch it out!

shane_man15

• Mogul
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 03:50:38 PM »
I'm talking about a layout that is seperate from the New Castle layout itself.

It's labeled as CSX Cincinnati and NS Cincinnati.
CSX's layout goes as far North as NA tower and as far South as Decoursey in Kentucky, including the terminal section of the Toledo Sub starting from Winston Place, going up to Stockton.

NS's layout starts ON the part of the Indiana side and on ALL of the Ohio side of the New Castle line, starting from W. Campbellstown and continuing to where it connects to CSX at New River Jct. and then up to Butler St. where it continues from there showing the Vaughan connection track, CP248, CP246, and CP244; The layout starts back up again at Gest St. and 8th St. MCPs and continues South to the last MCP of Rice.

These are seperate MCPs and Layouts from the one(s) you have done, Shawn. I promise.

The only thing I need help with is moving a lot of the information over to these. They won't copy over because the program won't allow it.

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 04:44:48 PM »
Where did you get these? My Latest layout covers Cambellstown to Vaughn and CP-248.

If there is a person putting a dupilcate layout out there. I need to speak to the person and put a squash on them doing this. Duplication is extremely frowned upon in ATCS. It causes issues.

shane_man15

• Mogul
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 04:54:49 PM »
Where did you get these? My Latest layout covers Cambellstown to Vaughn and CP-248.

If there is a person putting a dupilcate layout out there. I need to speak to the person and put a squash on them doing this. Duplication is extremely frowned upon in ATCS. It causes issues.
I got these from a guy that did the the Cincinnati area layouts. (The layouts and mcp sheets, I assume, were made before you did NS New Castle layout and mcp sheet.)
Would you like me to email you the layouts and MCPs I have?

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 05:03:14 PM »
Was the person Terry Medford? He has long since considered to have "Gone Rogue" from the mainstream ATCS community. I would only use his stuff as a last resort.

In any case you should use my layout from here. It has Campbellstown to CP-248 on it. We have a server feeding a couple MCPs in Evendale. My layout and MCP data is considered the "official" files.

http://inrd.gotdns.com/atcs/NS%20New%20Castle/

The ATSMON group also has MUCH more up to date files for the ex Southern lines south of the city.

shane_man15

• Mogul
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 05:05:31 PM »
Was the person Terry Medford? He has long since considered to have "Gone Rogue" from the mainstream ATCS community. I would only use his stuff as a last resort.

In any case you should use my layout from here. It has Campbellstown to CP-248 on it. We have a server feeding a couple MCPs in Evendale. My layout and MCP data is considered the "official" files.

http://inrd.gotdns.com/atcs/NS%20New%20Castle/

The ATSMON group also has MUCH more up to date files for the ex Southern lines south of the city.
Yes, that would be the guy.
So then, I'm assuming that New River Jct. and Butler St. are not ATCS?

ad4yj

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 09:05:20 PM »
The NS 1st district is complete from Gest st./Pig Yard, all the way to Danville KY. about 80% of the line is covered by servers at this time.

Paul
Custodian of the CNO&TP 1st and 2nd district ATCS

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 09:12:37 AM »
Yes, that would be the guy.
So then, I'm assuming that New River Jct. and Butler St. are not ATCS?

Butler never was ATCS, they quit deploying ATCS before they got that far south. New River Jct. was ATCS at one point. But I thought I heard CSX did some upgrades there and it came off ATCS.

shane_man15

• Mogul
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 02:39:35 PM »
Butler never was ATCS, they quit deploying ATCS before they got that far south. New River Jct. was ATCS at one point. But I thought I heard CSX did some upgrades there and it came off ATCS.
Actually, I beg to differ. I found a picture with the ATCS antennas near the box. I'll post a link to it later.

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 03:01:02 PM »
As I said, New River Junction WAS ATCS, and might still be. Often when they cut something over to Satelite they leave the old ATCS antennas up but the coax is cut to them. I just remember someone mentioning something about this Interlocking.

Butler Street never got ATCS.

Things could have changed.... I gave up on CSX ATCS a long time ago. It's not worth monitoring anything of thiers because it could disapear at some point.
Tachyon Satelite links have been poping up all over on CSX, even on Interlockings that previously had ATCS. ATCS on CSX is in serious retrenchment mode. Even as NS pushes the ATCS system out.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:13:12 PM by indyspy »

shane_man15

• Mogul
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 12:01:30 PM »
As I said, New River Junction WAS ATCS, and might still be. Often when they cut something over to Satelite they leave the old ATCS antennas up but the coax is cut to them. I just remember someone mentioning something about this Interlocking.

Butler Street never got ATCS.

Things could have changed.... I gave up on CSX ATCS a long time ago. It's not worth monitoring anything of thiers because it could disapear at some point.
Tachyon Satelite links have been poping up all over on CSX, even on Interlockings that previously had ATCS. ATCS on CSX is in serious retrenchment mode. Even as NS pushes the ATCS system out.
Well, Okay. Then it's not ATCS.

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 09:57:56 PM »
To be honest I am working from sketchy memory, I could be wrong.

I know I thought it was funny because CSX placed a BCP South of Hamilton OH to cover the interlocking they were going to cut over and never did. I forget where they stopped. I know they came back after they installed ATCS and Removed a ton of CPLs and the ATCS got removed and/or changed around at that point.

I just don't pay attention to CSX ATCS anymore... it's a pumpkin at midnight so to speak.