Author Topic: Plymouth (Ohio) Locomotive Works  (Read 1251 times)

NSyorktown

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
Plymouth (Ohio) Locomotive Works
« on: July 31, 2006, 08:27:37 AM »
I was "back home" over the weekend, for a festival in my home town.  I'm a graduate of Plymouth High School (the Ohio version, not the Indiana one!).  Anyway, it was neat to see a local firm has four of the original Plymouth industrial / switching locomotives that they're renovating.  Here's a pic of one of the units that is looking pretty good (compared to the other units sitting on the property).  I took this photo on a Sunday afternoon so no one was around to ask details about the company or plans for these units.  RDS
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 01:44:50 PM by indrr »

Railfan407

• Dispatcher
  • I'm a Hoosier railfan!
Re: Plymouth (Ohio) Locomotive Works
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 03:54:38 PM »
The Linden Railroad Museum has a Plymouth switcher sitting in front of the depot on display.  If you want, I can snap a picture of it.  I'm heading up there this fall before they close in October.

NSyorktown

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
Plymouth Loco Pics
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 10:10:31 PM »
Sure, post away.  There are probably "tons" of these industrial switchers around the region.  Grab any photo's you can get.

BTW, the next time I'm in Denver, CO I want to get a picture of the Plymouth unit that is sitting in the brass department of Caboose Hobby (the largest hobby shop in the nation).