Author Topic: -RESOLVED server back up- Bad News INRD.GOTDNS.COM down until further notice.  (Read 2365 times)

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
Due to massive server failure. INRD.GOTDNS.COM is down until further notice.

I am currently working to get another PC to use as a server, but it may be until the end of the week before I can get one.

I apologize for any disruptions this may cause.

Shawn
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:33:14 AM by indyspy »
If in doubt, Notch it out!

Cmdr_Suds

• Superintendent
  • Notch eight and sanding!
Re: Bad News INRD.GOTDNS.COM down until further notice.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 03:33:24 PM »
How powerful of a machine do you need?
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced."

INprinter

• Willing to railfan for deep fried pickles!
  • Global Moderator
  • Mogul
  • Licensed Ham Radio Operator - K9SVL
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 03:48:20 PM »
I really miss it. Was wondering what had happened over the weekend. If it is a matter of money, could we do a "pass the plate" and get this thing funded? Not sure how we would do that unless we had an address to send money to. Hope I'm not breaking any rules here.

Inprinter
Shelbyville-1st RR in IN: 7/4/1834. 1st RR abandoned in IN: K&S RR 1854, 26 miles. Making IN RR history. Without photons photography would be a black art. You can never get cornered in the Roundhouse.

mark strahlendorf

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 08:49:57 PM »
That sucks.. Enjoy listening to what does happen around Indy.. Hope you're able to do something without killing your wallet.

Mark

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 08:58:08 PM »
It ran on a really old PII-450 machine, that had 512mb ram and a 40gb hd crammed into it.

I have a line on a Compaq PIII Deskpro that is free. Little bit of a step up.

I like to use old business grade desktops for my servers. The reliability is a little better then a consumer grade machine. Just did not expect the old beast to die when it did, I had been kicking around getting a new machine anyway.

Cmdr_Suds

• Superintendent
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 10:09:15 PM »
I have an old Dell Optiplex GX50. has a 1.2G celeron CPU & a 20GHD  Ram 256M.   free to good home such as INRD.GOTDNS.COM
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced."

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 11:00:28 PM »
I have an old Dell Optiplex GX50. has a 1.2G celeron CPU & a 20GHD  Ram 256M.   free to good home such as INRD.GOTDNS.COM

That is just about the perfect machine, over and above the Deskpro. That machine has an extremely low power CPU. Important because the Server is always on. It keeps my electric bills lower.

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 12:32:26 AM »
Thanks to Cmdr_Suds the server is being restored to operation as we speak. Web Site is up now, working on restoring the stream server by hopefully tomorrow.

indrr

• Administrator
  • Tycoon
  • indrr admin
Awesome. I'm sure you just made quite a few people pretty happy :)
Nathan Bilger
-----------------
Board Admin, Webmaster
http://www.indianarailroads.org.

CSX2605

• Mogul
  • Remember the Semaphores!
This is great!  Next time it crashes we know who to blame now!  ;D
Thanks for your guys' efforts!

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
While the audio feed might apear to be up and running, I have yet to move the new server down by the radio. As such the audio cable from the radio is not hooked up and all you will hear is silence. I hope to have the new server moved down to the spot today or tomarrow.

Thank you for your paitence.

INprinter

• Global Moderator
  • Mogul
Indyspy,

Thanks for your efforts and providing the stream. It is most appreciated.

Inprinter
Shelbyville-1st RR in IN: 7/4/1834. 1st RR abandoned in IN: K&S RR 1854, 26 miles. Making IN RR history. Without photons photography would be a black art. You can never get cornered in the Roundhouse.

Cmdr_Suds

• Superintendent
Glad to get rid of another old and slow PC.  My wife thanks you for taking it off my hands and getting another piece of clutter out of our house.  Oh, BTW, I hear there is a new show on tv called buried alive  ;D

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
The stream server is fully functional.

First onboard sound card I got to work right with shoutcast. Before I always had to use a Soundblaster card or an IMIC

INprinter

• Global Moderator
  • Mogul
Sounds good in Stuckeyville.

Inprinter