Author Topic: Lots of MOW things going on in New Castle area.  (Read 862 times)

Gene

• Dispatcher
  • I'm an Interurban photo fan
Lots of MOW things going on in New Castle area.
« on: November 09, 2010, 06:42:19 PM »
 A lot of things are still going on over this direction. I came back from Ft Wayne yesterday to see a big crew working on the crossing and rail between New Castle north to Mt Summit. Saw big cranes in NC tonight. Didn't have the camera handy to snap some pics. Might get some tomorrow
  Gene

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
Re: Lots of MOW things going on in New Castle area.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 07:19:19 PM »
A lot of things are still going on over this direction. I came back from Ft Wayne yesterday to see a big crew working on the crossing and rail between New Castle north to Mt Summit. Saw big cranes in NC tonight. Didn't have the camera handy to snap some pics. Might get some tomorrow
  Gene

Tie project all the way up to Noell.  most of the work is at Noell siding extension...  So that is from Oakville north through Cowan to the south side of Muncie.

The big American crane was working south of Cowan around 3pm.  What time did you see it in NC?  It might have headed south after it worked up here.  I know its been working up here dropping the new switches and signal/control cabinets.  most of that work is close to done.  I figure it will be working when they pull up the old East End Noell switch.

Have you looked to see if there is a cast concrete bridge laying down there around Thornburg Street?  I'm not sure if they have it in place up here or not, as you can't see it from the road.  They had to bridge a creek just north of Cowan.  Perhaps it went to NC to collect the bridge pieces, as they are close to connecting in the new siding extension.

Gene

• Dispatcher
  • I'm an Interurban photo fan
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 11:15:52 PM »
 I saw the crane just before dark. I have not been by Thornburg for a day or two. I'm caught up on warm weather projects, maybe I can wander up there tomorrow.
 Gene

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 10:46:18 AM »
I saw the crane just before dark. I have not been by Thornburg for a day or two. I'm caught up on warm weather projects, maybe I can wander up there tomorrow.
 Gene

I'd be curious.  When they redid the bridges east of Hagerstown back in the 90's they poured them right behind the old Perfect Circle plant, then loaded them on flats and moved them to the site.