Author Topic: Maintenace on the New castle line  (Read 1053 times)

Gene

• Dispatcher
  • I'm an Interurban photo fan
Maintenace on the New castle line
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:21:34 PM »
 Saw a lot of maintenance equipment in New Castle today. Looks like they have dumped new ballast on the track going toward Muncie. I'll try to get some photos Friday...maybe.
  Gene

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
Re: Maintenace on the New castle line
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 09:15:05 AM »
Drive on up to north of Oakville and into Cowan if you want to see some real action!  They have both the crossovers at the main crossing in Cowan now on the ground. 

indyspy

• Tycoon
  • Resident ATCS guru.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 11:26:16 AM »
I was there when they dropped that rock. They dumped down thru New Castle and on Millville Siding.
If in doubt, Notch it out!

Gene

• Dispatcher
  • I'm an Interurban photo fan
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 08:46:30 PM »
 Here are some more from Today, 11-5-10. Lots of equipment and people running all over New Castle today. Lots of white NS trucks all around town. They finished up the Thornburg street crossing. It looks very smooth. While I was taking the shots of the MOW equipment, I heard a horn over by the old Nickle Plate depot. Went over to snoop around and saw the following equipment. The Ice House Tavern will be doing a booming business tonight....
 Gene

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 10:11:22 PM »
We caught the L82 heading south with one engine and a nice train at Cowan, roughly right at 3pm.  Once he got past all the construction work at Oakville he went on south moving out. 

4mula1

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 09:10:52 AM »
Nice shots of the camp train.  I wish I had taken pics of the camp Conrail had on the PRR in Warsaw when they were swapping ties on the Marion Branch.  It was in the same place that the camp was in the Capitol Limited vol. 2.  I need to get my VHS copy of the crew replacing ties onto DVD.