Author Topic: General ATCS Questions.  (Read 1566 times)

itm426

• Dispatcher
General ATCS Questions.
« on: September 07, 2010, 10:24:17 PM »
I just have a few questions about the ACTS System. Firstly, I got accepted, and am not part of the ATCS Group, and recieve e-mails from other members daily. Although I do not know where to go to actually download the ATCS Feed, so I can view the trains themselves. I know it's a bit of a stupid question, but does anyone know where the link is located? Thanks.

CSX2605

• Mogul
  • Remember the Semaphores!
Re: General ATCS Questions.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 10:58:29 PM »
Here is the link to the wiki: http://atcswiki.greatlakesnetworking.net/bin/view
Read the wiki before attempting anything else. :)

Here is the Yahoo Group homepage where everything is located:  http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ATCS_Monitor/

First you need to download the ATCS program itself. Everything is in the wiki to get up and running.
What line or lines are you interested in watching?

itm426

• Dispatcher
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 11:03:14 PM »
At the moment, I'd be interested in just Indianapolis and the surrounding area.

CSX2605

• Mogul
  • Remember the Semaphores!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 11:14:10 PM »
OK. Not sure if Indy area has much ATCS. I host a server for the CE&D sub here in Vincennes. Bill Foster has the Haley area covered for the CE&D. Doug gets the far north end of the CE&D at Danville IL. When the ducting is good we cover almost the entire line!

Here was a thread about the new Terre Haute server: http://indianarailroads.org/board/index.php?topic=3651.0

CIND 2254

• Global Moderator
  • President
  • Modeling high Hood GP30s on the CERA ca. 1996-1998
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 11:52:39 PM »
At the moment, I'd be interested in just Indianapolis and the surrounding area.
No ATCS in Indianapolis, its the way the signal system works.

Christian
Modeling High Hood GP30s on the CERA based in Kokomo circa. 1996-1998.

shane_man15

• Mogul
  • Back to building quality Honda products again.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 01:35:48 PM »
I really wish there were a way to access Indy and the surrounding areas, but alas, I don't think there is. Unless you're the IC dispatcher, then you can see whatever you want. lol.
Shane Smiley (shane_man15)

Modeler of the Muncie, Richmond, and Fernald Railway.
Train horns are also my thing.

GIMME A CORVETTE ALREADY!

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 05:47:49 PM »
Muncie is ATCS.  That is on the NS side of things, the New Castle district at last known was almost fully up and running ATCS.  The last bit I believe is Montpelier.
I don't live close enough to the antennas to pick it up, or else I might have it online. 

We tried to get someone in Muncie to host this, but so far no luck! 

shane_man15

• Mogul
  • Back to building quality Honda products again.
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 08:00:17 PM »
What is Cast and onward?
I'm assuming Cast=New Castle.
Shane Smiley (shane_man15)

Modeler of the Muncie, Richmond, and Fernald Railway.
Train horns are also my thing.

GIMME A CORVETTE ALREADY!

storrs19

• President
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 09:59:59 AM »
Cast was the automatic interlocking that replaced Broad & Foley.  In 1967 There were Block Stations (maybe interlockings as well) at Broad and Foley.  Track was shared between these two points by the PRR and N&W (NKP) jointly.  They renamed these two stations as West Cast and East Cast and made them both automatic interlockings.  First come first serve.  There was only one movement allowed at a time between the two points and it was run as a joint operation.  Matt knows more about this than I do.  I'm just going from what I've read from my Timetables and other literature.  I just found the GO's from July 26, 1967 and will scan them in and post shortly.  It is in New Castle.

Chad
Following the remains of the B&O in Southern Indiana

storrs19

• President
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 10:06:18 AM »
Here is the scan of two pages of G.O. #604 effective July 26, 1967 that explains what Cast Interlocking is and what it replaced.  Broad was located at 101.9, Foley was located at 104.1

Chad
Following the remains of the B&O in Southern Indiana

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »
Yup, as Chad said, Broad and Foley got replaced with an automatic type interlocking.  It was very unique from what I've been told.
Initially I believe they classed it as North and South Cast to segregate the 2. 
I'd have to ask, but I'm not sure when that all changed, but it was probably around 1976 when the N&W rebuilt the line south of Muncie to New Castle and onto Cincinnati to move the new Lima-Cincy and Frankfort-Cincy pools.  But that is probably when the name was changed from NORTH-SOUTH to East and West Cast as is known today.

Oh, the NS block station that is mentioned, it was located around Greensfork I believe.