Linked Events

• Apple Festival Train Ride: September 26, 2010

Author Topic: 2010 Apple Festival Excursion  (Read 2826 times)

Pullman2641

• Brakeman
2010 Apple Festival Excursion
« on: July 06, 2010, 10:56:35 PM »
Dear All;

The Cincinnati Railway Company will be operating an One Day Round Trip Excursion, from Cincinnati,Ohio to Batesville,Indiana Via the former NYC Mainline (Now Rail America's CIND Line) on Sunday September 26th.

This is the weekend of the Annual Apple Festival that is being held in Batesville,Ind.

The Round Trip Fare from Cincinnati,Oh to Batesville,Ind will be $50.00 Adult & $40.00 for Seniors over 62 yrs of age, and for Children under the age of 12 yrs.

There will be an Side Trip from Batesville to Greensburg that will sell for $18.00 Adult and $15.00 for Seniors & Children

The Schedule calls for the train to Depart from Cincinnati,Oh at the Boarding Location at Longworth Hall at 9:00am, with Arrival in Batesville at 12:00 Noon.

The Side Trip will leave Batesville at 1:00pm and Arrive back from Greensburg 3:30pm.

We will depart Batesville at 4:00pm and arrive back in Cincinnati at 7:00pm.

more information too follow,stay tuned.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:35:56 PM by Pullman2641 »

INprinter

• Willing to railfan for deep fried pickles!
  • Global Moderator
  • Mogul
  • Licensed Ham Radio Operator - K9SVL
Re: 2010 Apple Festival Excursion
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 04:42:28 PM »
Dear All;

The Cincinnati Railrood Club,Inc and the Cincinnati Chapter of the NRHS will be the Ticklet Agents for the upcoming Apple Festival Trip on Sunday September 26th.

Thanks
Jim Corbett
CRRC Trip Chairman :)

That being a Sunday I would hope that any conflicts with CIND will be non-existent this time. I was really disappointed when some past excursions were canceled due to what seemed to be scheduling conflicts. That is a really nice trip up the grade to Sunman and then through the Indiana country side up on the high ground. Can't wait. Got some new lenses to try out on the camera.

Inprinter
Shelbyville-1st RR in IN: 7/4/1834. 1st RR abandoned in IN: K&S RR 1854, 26 miles. Making IN RR history. Without photons photography would be a black art. You can never get cornered in the Roundhouse.

Pullman2641

• Brakeman
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 09:39:01 PM »
Dear All;

To get additional Information about the Apple Festival Train Ride go to the Cincinnati Railroad Club Web site at www.cincinnatirrclub.org and find September 26, 2010 date and click on the information.

Thanks

Jim Corbett
Trip Chairman

Sunman Hill-WA9M

• Fireman
  • Bob
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 09:43:35 AM »
Looking foward to another trip! We took the NOV 1st trip 2yrs ago.

Bob Lawrenceburg,IN

Pullman2641

• Brakeman
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 04:36:45 PM »
Sunman Hill;

I have tickets availible now, if you click on the CRRC Website and scroll down to the Sept 26th trip, it will take you too the Trip Flyer and Ticket Form, just print that and send me an Check made out too C.R.R.C. for the admount, i will seend you your tickets.

Thanks

Jim Corbett
CRRC Ticket Agent

Sunman Hill-WA9M

• Fireman
  • Bob
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 08:37:37 PM »
Sorry I am late replying,Dont know yet how many are going.I noticed the price of ticket went up since NOV 08 trip?Will it go on Honda property or just to Greensburg?

Bob Meyer

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 10:00:05 PM »
Sorry I am late replying,Dont know yet how many are going.I noticed the price of ticket went up since NOV 08 trip?Will it go on Honda property or just to Greensburg?

Bob Meyer

Can't comment on how far CNRY plans on running in Greensburg, but I can tell you that all tracks at Honda (except mainline) are property of Honda and under control of Road and Rail.  CIND crew's have to get permission to occupy any of the yard trackage form the Road and Rail "Trainmaster".  I would be very surprised if Honda or Road and Rail would allow an excursion train into the yard.  As for the mainline, if they go that far, you will only get alongside the storage yard - you will not make it to the load out yard as a certain someone has the mainline parked full of cars west of the Honda Middle Crossover.   
The opinions, views, and incoherent ramblings presented here do not necessarily represent the view point of any company I work for or own,  any logical thinking being, or even me.

HoosierVirg

• President
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 01:45:22 AM »
On the last trip to Greensburg we ran into Honda on the main, I remember taking some pictures from the open door of the food car of the two units that do the switching at Honda, they were by the rail building and the yard was empty. It was a nice trip up from Cincy and back.
Have a good and safe day!

Go Reds!

Pullman2641

• Brakeman
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 05:10:19 PM »
Dear All Indiana Railfans;

Just too update everybody that there is still tickest available for the September 26th Apple Festival Trip, at this time we have sold about 60% of the tickets available to the General Public, if anyone still wants tickets please see my previous post on the information about ordering tickets.

In addition to this trip the Cincinnati Dinner Train Equipment will also be in the Consist that day, they are former NYC Dinning Car 447 Budd 1948 built car and former L&N Coach/Table Car #3203.

The L&N Car is currently painted in Milwaukee Road Colors and carries number #201, which is the number it was assigned to when it was in the Milwaukee #261 Consists, we will eventually repaint the car into L&N Colors. ;)

Our Motive Power for the train has changed as well, we have an former SD-45 that we have leased from an private owner, that we are now using besides the former NKP GP-30 #901 (Former I&O #85), which we are getting ready to repaint this engine back into NKP Colors sometime in September/October. ;D

Thanks

Jim Corbett

INprinter

• Global Moderator
  • Mogul
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 09:31:49 AM »
Electrical problems plaguing the departure this morning. If you hurry you can still make the run.

Inprinter
Shelbyville-1st RR in IN: 7/4/1834. 1st RR abandoned in IN: K&S RR 1854, 26 miles. Making IN RR history. Without photons photography would be a black art. You can never get cornered in the Roundhouse.

INprinter

• Global Moderator
  • Mogul
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 10:29:35 AM »
Mechanical issue near Saylor Park. Moving once again at a high rate of sPeed.

Inprinter

INprinter

• Global Moderator
  • Mogul
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 12:39:36 PM »
Made Batesville, back on schedule, enjoying local festivities then on to G'burg.

Inprinter

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 04:53:15 PM »
Good looking consist. I was hoping they would let you play mixed train and pick up the 24 outbounds we have in Greensburg  :P  (Local ran out of time Friday night and had to cut and run).  Hope you used your quotion of pixels and will be posting pics later when you get home.
The opinions, views, and incoherent ramblings presented here do not necessarily represent the view point of any company I work for or own,  any logical thinking being, or even me.

INprinter

• Global Moderator
  • Mogul
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 06:12:50 PM »
Pictures forthcoming. Making good time on return trip inspite of stop on Guilford Hill for medical emergency. Situation handled expertly by crew and onboard EMT passengers. Another great day in excursion railroading.

Inprinter

Pullman2641

• Brakeman
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 02:54:32 PM »
Dear All;

I would like too thank all who were able too enjoy the Apple Festival Excursion Train ride, i wasn't sure it was going to be an day in the beginning, when i first arrived where the train was spotted at Longworth Hall, i usually start by getting the train opened up and ready for my long and busy day, but the crew that spotted the train overnight, had locked all the doors for security purposes and for good reasons, so after all the crew arrived we started too get the train ready for the day, and would you know it but Murphy's Law must have bought an ticket on today's train.

More too come, it gets interesting trust me.

Pullman2641

• Brakeman
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 10:57:44 PM »
Dear All;

As i was saying earlier, it started out rough but as the day progressed it got better, we did have an couple of mechanical issue come up during the westbound move too Batesville, but they were handled with ease and taken care of, we did put padding into the schedule for any delays en route which worked too our benefit. ;)

We did arrive in Batesville earlier then the expected arrival time of 12:15pm, which caused some confusion with the local Chamber of Commerce folks, they had us figured for 12:15 arrival but we showed up at 12:01 instead, we unloaded our Cincinnati Passengers and did some housekeeping work before we left for Greensburg at 1:00pm. :)

We left on time going west and arrived on time at the Honda Plant did our reverse move and came back too Batesville according to the schedule, we loaded up all of our Apple Festival Folks and left right on time at 4:00pm heading for Cincinnati, as reported we did make an unscheduled stop for an Medical Emergency just past Guilford.

More Too Come Stay Tuned.  ;)

Pullman2641

• Brakeman
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 11:20:06 PM »
As i said in my previous post we had an unscheduled stop just east of Guilford, we had an elderly passenger who was the Brother-In Law of one of the Groups that were selling tickets for the trip, thought he was having an heart attack and our on board medical staff was stationed next too where he was sitting, it was determined that he was going too have to be transported by life squad to an local hospital, because he was getting worse as we contined our way east, so i contacted the head end and advised them of the situation and we came to an stop behind the Grace Baptist Church close too Greendale,Indiana.

The Greendale F.D. showed up in qucktime and we got the individual off the train, and had him transported too the Dearborn County Hospital in Lawrenceburg, after that we resume our way east towards Cincinnati, we were in contact with the CIND crew working the Lawrenceburg turn and they were on there way back too Valley Jct., so we had too get east of the interchange at North Bend too clear up for them, overall the day started our rough and an little excitement on the way home, but over all it was an great day to be on an Passenger Train in Indiana. :)

The person who was ill did not have an Heart Attack as was originally thought, it was determined after he arrived at the local hospital he was going into Vertigo instead and was going too his local doctor too get checked out. ;)

Thanks Again

Jim Corbett

INprinter

• Global Moderator
  • Mogul
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 01:56:22 AM »
Below is a Photobucket link to all the pictures I took on the Excursion to Batesville and Greensburg on Sunday. Everything is there: the good, the bad and the ugly. I did eliminate some photos taken during the medical emergency out of respect for those folks privacy. Hope you enjoy the rest of them.

Inprinter

http://s916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/inprinter/Batesville%20Apple%20Festival%20Excursion/