Author Topic: Jerry Taylor to give June RFI program  (Read 709 times)

Kim_Heusel

• Superintendent
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jerry Taylor to give June RFI program
« on: June 04, 2010, 10:21:16 AM »
Jerry Taylor, self-proclaimed “interested observer of the railroad scene,” is the presenter for this month’s Railfans of Indianapolis meeting at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, June 12, at St. Andrew United Methodist Church, 2560 Villa Ave. Jerry, a former operating official of several railroads who lives in Brookville, Indiana, has authored several railroad-themed books, most notably Conrail Commodities, A Sampling of Penn Central, and The CSX Clinchfield Route in the 21st Century. June’s RFI program consists of two parts: Part 1 is a program Jerry recently prepared for the New York Central Historical Society that looks at the railroad’s hump yards then (1968) and now. Jerry notes that a significant difference is a shift in traffic patterns from strictly east-west to one with a large north-south component. Part 2 reviews of some of Jerry’s Conrail collection taken in the 1980s and ’90s in preparation for “Conrail Commodities.”

We start to gather at 7 p.m. to shoot the bull and swap stories. The meeting starts at 7:30 with a short business/news session and then the main program. Visitors are always welcome. Anyone who needs directions to the church, feel free to send me a message.

Kim Heusel

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
Re: Jerry Taylor to give June RFI program
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 01:07:19 PM »
Jerry Taylor, self-proclaimed “interested observer of the railroad scene,” is the presenter for this month’s Railfans of Indianapolis meeting at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, June 12, at St. Andrew United Methodist Church, 2560 Villa Ave. Jerry, a former operating official of several railroads who lives in Brookville, Indiana, has authored several railroad-themed books, most notably Conrail Commodities, A Sampling of Penn Central, and The CSX Clinchfield Route in the 21st Century. June’s RFI program consists of two parts: Part 1 is a program Jerry recently prepared for the New York Central Historical Society that looks at the railroad’s hump yards then (1968) and now. Jerry notes that a significant difference is a shift in traffic patterns from strictly east-west to one with a large north-south component. Part 2 reviews of some of Jerry’s Conrail collection taken in the 1980s and ’90s in preparation for “Conrail Commodities.”

We start to gather at 7 p.m. to shoot the bull and swap stories. The meeting starts at 7:30 with a short business/news session and then the main program. Visitors are always welcome. Anyone who needs directions to the church, feel free to send me a message.

Kim Heusel

Dang.  Sounds like a good show.  Too bad my new job doesn't afford me Saturday nights off, otherwise that would be must attend for me.

Practice Safe CSX

IU_Tower

• Mogul
Re: Jerry Taylor to give June RFI program
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 09:27:52 PM »
Grrrrr >:(

I wouldn't mind attending this one, but I have prior committments to the Indy Airshow that weekend.