Linked Events

• History presentation, Ft Wayne: April 18, 2010

Author Topic: Big-4 Shops at Wabash, Indiana  (Read 1196 times)

Eel_River

• Chief Dispatcher
  • I'm a Hoosier railfan!
Big-4 Shops at Wabash, Indiana
« on: April 11, 2010, 05:51:21 PM »
Kyle Coble will present his history of the Big-4 shops at Wabash, Indiana, covering the period from the 1870s to present, at:

The former PRR Baker St. passenger station
Baker & Harrison Sts.
Ft. Wayne
Sun., April 18, 2:00 p.m.

Free and open to the public.  The doors will be open at 1:30.  Please stop in to see Kyle’s presentation and talk about railroad history.

Craig Berndt
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:13:07 AM by indrr »

Eel_River

• Chief Dispatcher
  • I'm a Hoosier railfan!
Re: Big-4 Shops at Wabash, Indiana
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:05:12 PM »
I want to provide a little more information on Kyle’s presentation.  He started researching the Big-4 a few years ago for a model railroad project, became more interested in the history of the line, and continued his research beyond his modeling needs. 

Kyle’s presentation will cover the history of the north-south line through Wabash, Indiana, from its ownership by the Cincinnati, Wabash & Michigan in the 1870s, through the CCC&StL in the 1920s, to present. 

Please join us on April 18, 2:00 p.m., at the beautiful former PRR depot at the corner of Baker and Harrison Sts., Ft. Wayne.  It is free and you will be able to talk to other railroad historians and enthusiasts.

Craig Berndt
Three Rivers Railroad Heritage Council

INprinter

• Willing to railfan for deep fried pickles!
  • Global Moderator
  • Mogul
  • Licensed Ham Radio Operator - K9SVL
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 08:34:33 PM »
Kyle did a great job on the presentation. I am always interested in hearing about the Big 4/CCC&StL. Nice day for a drive up from Shelbyville. I must say that you folks have a rather nice place for these events. What a spectacular renovation to the Baker Street Station.

Inprinter
Shelbyville-1st RR in IN: 7/4/1834. 1st RR abandoned in IN: K&S RR 1854, 26 miles. Making IN RR history. Without photons photography would be a black art. You can never get cornered in the Roundhouse.

hibbard

• Dispatcher
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 10:00:10 PM »
A very good presentation, well worth the drive across the state to see it.
Bob

kylebigfour

• Brakeman
  • Shops at Wabash Ind
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 10:04:15 PM »
Thanks guys for the nice comments.  I had a great time and enjoyed meeting and talking to everyone.
Kyle Coble