Author Topic: JOYOUS NEW YEAR  (Read 14045 times)

shane_man15

• Mogul
  • Back to building quality Honda products again.
Re: JOYOUS NEW YEAR
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2012, 10:53:50 AM »

Merry Christmas! :)
Shane Smiley (shane_man15)

Modeler of the Muncie, Richmond, and Fernald Railway.
Train horns are also my thing.

GIMME A CORVETTE ALREADY!

IndyHog

• Superintendent
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2012, 11:59:58 AM »
Perhaps its just nostalgia or that Indianapolis just stopped and became peaceful for three days but I have fond memories of the blizzard of '78. I got stuck at home but many of my co-workers got stuck on the railroad and may not share my sentiment.  So let's find Bill Hudnut and get him on the snowplows.
Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss......wait a minute, He's much worse

blue2golf

• Superintendent
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2012, 01:37:09 PM »
To All, Have a  Merry Christmas. Lets all hope the Up Coming New Year will be a Better Year for all of Us. Be Safe and Watch the Weather. Around the Indy Area we are Expecting 5-10 Inches of Snow along with 40 Mph Winds. Hope this is not a Repeat of 1978.

8 - 12 inches possible down here in Evansville.  Let's hope the power stays on!
No train expert here fellas, just your average history buff...

shane_man15

• Mogul
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2012, 08:34:23 PM »
8 - 12 inches possible down here in Evansville.  Let's hope the power stays on!
I'm waiting for CIOR to say something to me along the lines of, "Well, you got your snow! Now, get your a$$ out there and take your snow pictures!"  ;D ;D ::)

INprinter

• Willing to railfan for deep fried pickles!
  • Global Moderator
  • Mogul
  • Licensed Ham Radio Operator - K9SVL
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2012, 06:56:06 PM »
I'm waiting for CIOR to say something to me along the lines of, "Well, you got your snow! Now, get your a$$ out there and take your snow pictures!"  ;D ;D ::)

Actually, since it has snowed, it is time to get out there and see if Christian's snow driving skills have improved over the past year. ;D

INPrinter
Shelbyville-1st RR in IN: 7/4/1834. 1st RR abandoned in IN: K&S RR 1854, 26 miles. Making IN RR history. Without photons photography would be a black art. You can never get cornered in the Roundhouse.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2012, 11:45:07 PM »
Hope Everyone has a Safe and Happy New Year.

Twitty

• President
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2013, 12:10:11 AM »
happy new year
“The human brain is like a railroad freight car -- guaranteed to have a certain capacity but often running empty.” ~ UNKNOWN

blue2golf

• Superintendent
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2013, 08:51:23 PM »
Christmas 2012 is almost here.  Like Christmas lights, trees and jammed packed shopping malls, it's time for this thread to make it's traditional yearly appearance.

Merry Christmas folks!

Thread bump!   ;D

Santa will be here soon, if a bit waterlogged from all the rain down here in Evansville.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!

(Pic is of the Christmas display at the Van. County 4H fairgrounds)

510Russ

• Dispatcher
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2013, 11:06:13 PM »
It's been another great year on the Indiana Railroads Bull Session.  Thanks to the Moderators who keep things orderly and decent, and thanks to all who generously share their railroad knowledge, pictures, maps, and more.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

-- Russ Schwartz (aka 510Russ)

shane_man15

• Mogul
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2013, 12:39:31 PM »
Another year over and tons of railroad greats and losses.

Regardless, from me to everyone here, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas_2 by shane_man15, on Flickr

Merry Christmas_1 by shane_man15, on Flickr

RailfanJ-Ro22

• Mogul
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2013, 05:09:55 PM »
Unfortunately being that we make our home a Foster home for stray cats (only the ones that we think won't survive on their own), we have no way to set up a layout under the tree. There are just too many cats. We're trying to find them homes but it isn't easy. Our local shelters are full and can't take any more dogs or cats. The problem is, some bozo keeps dumping kittens off to wander on their own right in our neighborhood. If you can't take care of your pets then don't get them in the first place. Once an animal has been domesticated for too long it won't know what to do once put outside. Not to mention it's illegal to dump animals in public. Ugh. Living a compassionate life can be frustrating and heartbreaking but, in the end, that's what we're put on this world to do. Be loving and help one another and those less fortunate. Hope everyone here is able to find that love and have a Merry Christmas!
Jeremy Rose - Check out my railroad videos at www.youtube.com/railfantube

IndyKing

• Mogul
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2013, 05:59:15 PM »
Beautifully put, Jeremy.  What you are doing is very noble indeed and all too often overlooked.  My hat is off to you, sir.

It's been another great year on the board and I have really enjoyed the pictures, stories, and laughs, as always.  Thanks to the moderators and especially to Nathan for keeping it all together and making this forum the success it is.

Season's best wishes to one and all.  Cheers!
Cheers, Al

RailfanJ-Ro22

• Mogul
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2013, 09:34:20 PM »
Beautifully put, Jeremy.  What you are doing is very noble indeed and all too often overlooked.  My hat is off to you, sir.

It's been another great year on the board and I have really enjoyed the pictures, stories, and laughs, as always.  Thanks to the moderators and especially to Nathan for keeping it all together and making this forum the success it is.

Season's best wishes to one and all.  Cheers!

Thank you! When you come right down to it, sometimes pets are the best therapy anyone could ever ask for. But they can be trouble. Funny story, back when we didn't have as many cats my dad and I had a train each under the tree. We would change up from different trains throughout the season. We would park yhe trains in a tunnel that we made. For a few years we had a fat long haired cat named Fluff. Somehow, every year, he would squeeze himself into that tunnel (which just wide enough to allow HO scale autoracks through on 18 inch radius curves, and tall enough to allow pantographs through without catenary). And remember when I said we always parked the trains in the tunnel? Every morning I would wake up (I must've been 8 or 9) and look into that tunnel, and sure enough, there would be two glowing eyes staring at me from inside on top of our trains! LOL
Jeremy Rose - Check out my railroad videos at www.youtube.com/railfantube

blue2golf

• Superintendent
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2013, 09:30:21 PM »
Had to get this shot in before Christmas Day ended.  (Model L&N train crosses bridge at the Van. County 4H Fairgrounds Christmas Light Display)

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2013, 09:55:46 PM »
Hope Everyone had a Safe Merry Christmas. I fixed Turkey, Home Made Potato Salad, Bean Salad, Cheese Ball, Green Bean Casserole, Corn Bake, Yams, Stuffing and Gravy, Rolls, Apple Pie and Orange Cookies and Carmel Apple Cookies. The Meal was Good and we had a  Good Time with the Family.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2013, 12:51:59 PM »
Anyone Who is going out for a New Years Eve Party Tonight. Be Safe and have someone do the Driving for You. We do Not want to hear of anyone getting hurt.  So that being said, Everyone Have a Happy New Year.

arcticrail

• Superintendent
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2013, 01:45:38 PM »
Anyone Who is going out for a New Years Eve Party Tonight. Be Safe and have someone do the Driving for You. We do Not want to hear of anyone getting hurt.  So that being said, Everyone Have a Happy New Year.

Good advice...I'm the DD tonight.  Out for New Year's Eve Curling and then off to a friends place to help them break in a newly remodeled basment!

Happy New Year to All!
If it moves or makes noise...I'm interested!

blue2golf

• Superintendent
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2013, 06:28:59 PM »

Well said and Happy New Year!!

CSX2605

• Mogul
  • Remember the Semaphores!
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2014, 12:34:46 AM »
We even had CNN here at Vincennes for the Watermelon drop!
Happy New Year All!!  I'll give Q027 a new years' roll by.  ;)

blue2golf

• Superintendent
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2014, 04:47:18 PM »
Thread bump!   ;D

Santa will be here soon, if a bit waterlogged from all the rain down here in Evansville.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!

(Pic is of the Christmas display at the Van. County 4H fairgrounds)

Here we are...2014 with Christmas right around the corner (already!) and no rain this time.   (Got another picture from the Van. County 4H Santa Workshop for you, taken on Friday night.)

Merry Christmas!