Author Topic: December Railfans of Indianapolis meeting Saturday night  (Read 757 times)

Kim_Heusel

• Superintendent
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
December Railfans of Indianapolis meeting Saturday night
« on: December 08, 2009, 04:40:56 PM »
Bob Jetmore of Albany, Indiana, will present the program for this month's RFI meeting Saturday night. Bob's program is entitled "Railroad Hodgepodge: 1971-1986, Slides by Bob Jetmore." We meet at St. Andrew United Methodist Church, 2560 Villa Ave. at 7:30. As always, visitors are welcome.

Kim Heusel
President, Railfans of Indianapolis

CSX2605

• Mogul
  • Remember the Semaphores!
Re: December Railfans of Indianapolis meeting Saturday night
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »
Kim, can you give us a little highlight of how the meeting went? Its too far for me to come but sounded like a great show.
Thanks

Kim_Heusel

• Superintendent
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: December Railfans of Indianapolis meeting Saturday night
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 01:35:49 PM »
Kim, can you give us a little highlight of how the meeting went? Its too far for me to come but sounded like a great show.
Thanks
Bob put on a great show with his slides mostly from 1971-86. A lot of his shots were from around Indiana, but he also had shots from all around the Midwest and as far away as Virginia. A lot of stuff that you won't see any more on several lines that don't exist any longer. Of course, there were shots along lines that do exist and it was interesting to see the changes that have taken place.

Looking ahead a little, our meeting in February will feature a show by Jeff Kehler, who is showing slides from the C&O of Indiana. More info on that show will be available closer to the meeting date, which will be Feb. 13.

Kim