Linked Events

• Steam Excursion BantaRail: November 01, 2009

Author Topic: Private Steam Excursion, Nov 1, Michigan, CANCELLED  (Read 1106 times)

BantaRail

• Superintendent
Private Steam Excursion, Nov 1, Michigan, CANCELLED
« on: August 22, 2009, 08:03:52 AM »
Steam Excursion, Sunday November 1, 2009 PRIVATE CHARTER
Coldwater, MI to Hillsdale, MI on the Little River RR  (Not offered by the L.R. RR, do not send payments to them)
CANCELLED    
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 06:41:54 AM by BantaRail »

KLHaan

• Brakeman
Re: Private Steam Excursion, Nov 1, Michigan
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 08:08:40 PM »
Point of note, your excursions might see a better number of riders if you scheduled the trip on Saturdays, as on Sundays you are in direct competition with many flea markets and or other railroading fun stuff.

I suggested this to our local model railroad club for a fair number of years, and this last spring they had a Saturday show with an excellent turnout of modelers.

Just a thought!

Good Luck!
Why Not in America ?

BantaRail

• Superintendent
Re: Private Steam Excursion, Nov 1, Michigan
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 09:42:04 PM »
My "Regular Passengers List" is the ones that I cater to, the majority prefer Sundays. Most are not railfans or modelers. Most are over 60.
But this trip is the farthest away and most of my l regular passengers are not going, so I opened it to everyone.
A lot of them and myself are going up Saturday, very few wanted to drive up the same day.    
I will resurvey them on trips that are far away, maybe they would prefer Saturday on those trips?
My first trips on the Indiana Rail Road had to be on Sunday so I just got started out doing them on Sunday.
 All my trips are in March, April or Oct,  Nov to avoid hot weather and the trees are clear so as to see more.  Most of my passengers love this.  
Will check on this, thanks........
Brian Banta      
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 07:14:41 AM by BantaRail »

BantaRail

• Superintendent
Re: Private Steam Excursion, Nov 1, Michigan, CANCELLED
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 06:52:10 AM »
TRIP IS CANCELED.
Have trip in March 21, 2010 33% sold, details later if I need more passengers.
My regular passengers come first.