Linked Events

• NWR Show and Open House: December 12, 2009

Author Topic: Naptown and White River Model RR Club Bi-Annual Show and Open House! - Dec 12th  (Read 1803 times)

CIND 2254

• Global Moderator
  • President
  • Modeling high Hood GP30s on the CERA ca. 1996-1998
Our March show this year was a huge success!  We had over 30 vendors with close to 90 tables.  We had 10 operating layouts on display -- N, HO and G -- to inspire and delight the young and young at heart.  Our attendance continues to grow - over a hundred more than our December 2008 show with close to 360 visitors!     
As with every show, we host an Open House to proudly show off our projects from last year.  Come learn about our Operations Nights and N-scale expansion.  Come grow and expand with us!
Our next show will be on December 12, 2009 at Manual High School (southside of Indy) from 10 am to 3 pm.  We’ll have operating layouts with running trains for kids of all ages to watch!  We’ll have vendors with everything you need for your home layout.  And, we’ll have workshops to learn or improve your modeling skills.   And check out our Open House where you can see our layout, meet members and learn more about our hobby.  Come check it out!
Here is our flyer for the show -- including a map to Manual High School and to the Club.

Flyer:
http://www.naptownrr.org/NWR/Welcome_files/Mar%202009%20Show%20Flyer%20p1.jpg

Map:
http://www.naptownrr.org/NWR/Welcome_files/Mar%202009%20Show%20Flyer%20p2.jpg

Hope to see You there!

Modeling High Hood GP30s on the CERA based in Kokomo circa. 1996-1998.

CIND 2254

• Global Moderator
  • President
Well, as the show gets closer, just wanted to let you guys know that I will be presenting about 350 of my best pics from my trip to the heart of UP country in the lobby of the Gymnasium. We will also have our new modular layout on display at the show. Also, we have been making some significant changes to the layout, including handlaying one of our yards. For those of you who I havent met before, and are able to make it to our show, please introduce yourself! I will more than likely the only club member with shorts on.  ;D I look forward to seeing you there!

Christian
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:58:58 PM by NS GE ES40DC »

INprinter

• Willing to railfan for deep fried pickles!
  • Global Moderator
  • Mogul
  • Licensed Ham Radio Operator - K9SVL
Christian,

I have been to the Naptown show and open house a few years ago. A really nice event and you all have a spectacular club house and layout. I'm sure it has only gotten better since my last visit. Look forward to coming to the event.

I'm the old guy with gray hair and camera in hand; sometimes wearing a black Stetson.

Inprinter
Shelbyville-1st RR in IN: 7/4/1834. 1st RR abandoned in IN: K&S RR 1854, 26 miles. Making IN RR history. Without photons photography would be a black art. You can never get cornered in the Roundhouse.

jjrailfan

• Chief Dispatcher
Great show, keeps getting bigger every year. Our club, CINTRAK, will be there again. May bring our oNeTrak (single track) loop/extension but not sure about that yet.

Jeffrey Johnson
President, CINTRAK

CIND 2254

• Global Moderator
  • President
Well guys, Our show is only a week away!  :o Hope to see you there! Please let me know if you have any questions!!!

Christian

INprinter

• Willing to railfan for deep fried pickles!
  • Global Moderator
  • Mogul
  • Licensed Ham Radio Operator - K9SVL
I attended the show today and also visited the Naptown & White River Club House. Seemed to be even a better show than I remembered from a few years ago. The HO layout in the Club House is quite a display. I think I shot about 100 pictures there this morning. You guys have quite a group and put on a first class show.

Inprinter
Shelbyville-1st RR in IN: 7/4/1834. 1st RR abandoned in IN: K&S RR 1854, 26 miles. Making IN RR history. Without photons photography would be a black art. You can never get cornered in the Roundhouse.