Author Topic: ITM During the Week  (Read 1245 times)

Lt._Dave

• Dispatcher
ITM During the Week
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:46:59 AM »
Good Morning All,

Is ITM ever "Open" during the week and it might not be listed on the web schedule?

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
Re: ITM During the Week
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 11:17:45 PM »
Yes.  Tomorrow, July 1 the Museum will be open 3pm to 6pm before departure of the "Dinner or a Movie" train.  That will be the case on July 15 and 29 also.  We have school tours even in the summer and I've never kicked out anyone that walks in when we are open for a school group.  I just ask that visitors not be in the way of a school tour.  Heck, for $7.50 (what the school groups pay per visitor) we'll even let you ride up to Morse reservoir and back.  School groups are scheduled when it works for them and the next school tours are July 8 and 10.  Best to arrive about 9:30am so I'm not inundated with kids.  They generally arrive at 10.

Lt._Dave

• Dispatcher
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 07:37:44 PM »
Thanks Ralph,

During the summer I find myself with the kids wondering what adventure dad is going to take them on today.  I'll keep your message in mind in the future.

Dave

1gdog

• Engineer
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 09:08:57 AM »
Ralph, I'd love to make one of those weekday trips but can't do it this week. Would you mind posting other dates as they come up? I would appreciate it and you might find a few extra riders (and $). Thanks!
Armchair Modeler  PRR, GR&I, D&M

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 10:49:41 PM »
Currently, the only weekdays that we plan to be open in Noblesville will be July 15 and July 29.  We will open at 3pm and close after the "Dinner or a Movie" train departs at 6pm.  These are the last two of five of these Wednesday trains.

Friday July 10 we will be open about 9am for a school tour from 9:30 to 11:30.  I won't be a docent for the tour but I will be conductor on the train. No further school tours will be scheduled until September.

The Museum won't be open in August until the last weekend of the month due to preparartions for and then running of the WFMS FairTrain presented by KeyBank.

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 05:36:06 PM »
Meant to post this earlier in case anyone was free to visit.  ITM is again doing the Dinner or a Movie Train on every other Wednesday from today to July 30.  The Museum is open from noon until departure on those Wednesdays.  If any of you are free those days come on out for a visit and maybe a ride to Tipton.