Linked Events

• Wabash RR Presentation: June 20, 2009

Author Topic: Wabash 4th District Presentation Topeka Indiana Saturday June 20, 2009  (Read 745 times)

wabash2800

• Dispatcher
This is a One Hour 15 minute Power Point presentation to be held in the new Topeka, Indiana library at 1:30 Saturday, June 20, 2009. The library is located one block north of the 4-way downtown. Topeka is located in northeast Indiana with then nearest towns of size being Elkhart or Goshen.

This is being hosted by the Topeka Historical Society. Video or audio recording is prohibited.

Also, the former Wabash Topeka depot, now a museum, will be open from 9 to 12 that same day. They also have a Wabash caboose on display.

I will fit in some new photos since the last time I did this presentation with some focus on the Topeka area. This was the line that ran from Montpelier, Ohio west to Clarke Jct. (near Hammond, Indiana). It was part of the shortest Detroit-Chicago railroad ever built and under Norfolk & Western it became the Gary District. The emphasis of the presentation is on the Wabash but I'll include a little on Norfolk & Western.

Today most of the line is gone except short sections at Gary, Kingsbury and a portion operated by Indiana North Eastern from South Milford to Montpelier.

I hope to see many of you there.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 09:09:29 PM by indrr »