Linked Events

• Greensburg Excursion: June 13, 2009 - June 14, 2009
  • Batesville Excursion: September 26, 2009
  • Greensburg Excursion: October 17, 2009
  • Greensburg Excursion: October 24, 2009

Author Topic: Upcoming Cincinnati Railway Excursions  (Read 1780 times)

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
Upcoming Cincinnati Railway Excursions
« on: April 03, 2009, 10:01:50 AM »
Posting this under CIND Ops thread, as it will effect CIND (and Honda train) ops, but Mr Moderator can move or cross reference to excursion thread if he like.   Cincinnati Railway Company has an active excursion schedule on CIND this year with trips in June, September, and October.  In all, looks like 3 Cincinnati to Greensburg public trips (plus a dead head move), a Cincinnati to Batesville trip, a Batesville to Greensburg trip, and 6 Greensburg to Batesville trips. 

http://www.cincinnatirailway.com/trips.htm

[thanks for the notice; moved it to the upcoming events section for more visibility - indrr]
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 03:09:55 PM by indrr »
The opinions, views, and incoherent ramblings presented here do not necessarily represent the view point of any company I work for or own,  any logical thinking being, or even me.

HoosierVirg

• President
Re: Upcoming Cincinnati Railway Excursions
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 04:06:13 AM »
i also got another email from the Cincinnati Railway Company and as of May 23rd they will start operating a Cincinnati Dinner Train, they have been working on some diners and they are ready to go. Here is the link to the information about the dinner trains.

http://www.cincinnatirailway.com/dinnertrain/index.htm
Have a good and safe day!

Go Reds!

Pullman2641

• Brakeman
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 08:54:14 PM »
Dear All;

The Cincinnati Railway Company will operate the Greensburg's 150th Sesquicentennial Excursion Special, on Staturday June 13th, 2009.

The Itinerary is as follows   9:00am Departure from Longworth Hall in Cincinnati
                                     12:15 pm Arrival in Greensburg
                                     3:00pm Departure for return trip to Cincinnati
                                     6:15pm Arrival at Longworth Hall in Cincinnati

Layover for 2 Hours 45 Minutes to tour town of Greensburg and enjoy the festivities.

Take an Short Excursion east to Batesville and back for an additional 1 1/2 Hour Ride, Greensburg Passengers must purchase seperate tickets for short excursion.

The Geensburg too Batesville trip will Depart at 12:45pm and will return at 2:15pm.

Tickets

Round trip from Cincinnati,Ohio to Greensburg,Indiana.

Coach Class is $50 for Adults and $40 for Children and Senoirs

Short Excursions Tickets are $18 for Adults and $15 for Children and Senoirs.

For Tickets Inforamtion yoy can contact the Cincinnati Railway Company at AC 513-791-RAIL (7245) or
E-Mail them at Info@CincinnatiRailway.com or go too there Website at www.CincinnatiRailway.Com

Pullman2641

• Brakeman
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 11:16:05 PM »
Dear All;

Due to the increase in rail service on the former NYC Indianapolis line, the Cincinnati Railway Company has decided to cancel the scheduled excursions for September 26 and October 17th & 24th.

We are talking about doing something possibly in November, on the same lines like we did last year.

Since the Auto Rack train operates on Saturdays which is the same time we were going to operate the planned excursions, and doing anything on Sunday would not work either because the area the we use to park and load the train, is the same parking lot that the Cincinnati Bengals use when they are home.

I had hoped we were going to operate some addition trains this year over the former NYC Indy Line, but at this time i am not sure. ::)

When i get some more information on weather an trip for the remainder of 2009 is possible, i will post it as soon as we have comfirmation.

Stay tuned for futher updates.