Author Topic: Mike Blaszak at Railfans of Indianapolis for April  (Read 832 times)

Kim_Heusel

• Superintendent
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mike Blaszak at Railfans of Indianapolis for April
« on: March 25, 2009, 10:32:40 AM »
Just wanted to pass along the notice of our April 11 Railfans of Indianapolis meeting at 7:30 p.m. at St. Andrews United Methodist Church, 2560 S. Villa Ave. This should be a dynamite program. Mike Blaszak, a Chicago-area attorney and well-known railroad authority and railfan will present a program called "Young Conrail." Mike said his show will cover the final years of the railroads that were rolled into Conrail as well as the early years after Conrail was formed. Here is some additional information about Mike. He was born into a railroad family (PRR) in 1953. After graduating from Northwestern University and the University of Chicago Law School, he realized a lifetime ambition when he joined The Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway in 1976, working in the Law Department and then serving as Director-Administration of the railway. Thereafter Mike joined TTX Company as Assistant General Counsel and represented many major railroads and short lines in private practice. Currently he is regional counsel at AECOM in Chicago. Mike has written widely on railroad issues for many publications. He most recently authored the main article on grain shipping by the railroads in Trains magazine.

We start to gather at 7 p.m. to shoot the bull and swap stories. The meeting starts at 7:30 with a short business/news session and then the main program. Visitors are always welcome. Anyone who needs directions to the church, feel free to send me a message. Again, visitors are welcome.

Kim Heusel
President, Railfans of Indianapolis

Kim_Heusel

• Superintendent
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Mike Blaszak at Railfans of Indianapolis for April
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 10:27:53 AM »
Just another reminder that Mike Blaszak from Chicago will be our featured presenter at Railfans of Indianapolis this coming Saturday night. Mike will present a program entitled Young Conrail, which features pictures and commentary about the roads that were rolled into Conrail as well as shots early in Conrail's history. Should be a good program. We meet at St. Andrews United Methodist Church, 2560 Villa Ave., Indianapolis. We gather at 7 p.m. Meeting generally starts around 7:30. If you need directions to the church, let me know. Visitors are always welcome.

Kim Heusel
President, Railfans of Indianapolis
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:39:16 AM by Kim_Heusel »