Author Topic: Railfans of Indianapolis Saturday night  (Read 1136 times)

Kim_Heusel

• Superintendent
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Railfans of Indianapolis Saturday night
« on: February 12, 2009, 07:14:45 PM »
Sorry for the short notice, but just wanted to plug the monthly RFI meeting, which is Saturday night at St. Andrews United Methodist Church, 2560 S. Villa Ave. Rambling with Ron will be the evening’s entertainment. Our own Ron Stuckey will present “a little of everything starting in January of 1962 and quitting in April 1976. The slides are in order only by date -- steam, diesel, stations, towers, boxcars, electrics. I know - believe it or not - where most shots were taken! I think they are all in focus - no promises!”

We gather at 7 p.m., shoot the bull for 20-30 minutes, then start the meeting. Visitors (and potential new members) are welcome. If anyone needs more information, let me know.

Kim Heusel
President, Railfans of Indianapolis

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
Re: Railfans of Indianapolis Saturday night
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 08:13:35 PM »
Seeing as Saturday night is Feb 14th, my guess is most guys know which side their bread is buttered on, and won't be able to make it.

A little more notice for the March meeting and I might see if I am free.

Practice Safe CSX

Kim_Heusel

• Superintendent
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 11:13:26 PM »
Seeing as Saturday night is Feb 14th, my guess is most guys know which side their bread is buttered on, and won't be able to make it.

Practice Safe CSX
What's the big deal about Feb. 14? :) We promise a good time for any guy that wants to bring his significant other for a hot date. Our March meeting will be on March 14. I don't have the program set yet, but will get the word out once I have something. We normally meet on the second Saturday of each month. The only variations are in August, when we meet the third Saturday to avoid conflicting with Summerail, and normally in September, when we often meet the third Saturday to avoid a conflict with the Traction meet.

Kim

CIND 2254

• Global Moderator
  • President
  • Modeling high Hood GP30s on the CERA ca. 1996-1998
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 03:42:14 PM »
Kim, could send me the info @ cdhostetler@hotmail.com ?
               thanks,
               Christian
Modeling High Hood GP30s on the CERA based in Kokomo circa. 1996-1998.

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 06:27:36 PM »

Practice Safe CSX

LOL, Ya....  Although Charlotte suggest we do ours next weekend, so that will work out. 
Still, I doubt many woman want to go on a date there...

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 09:35:48 PM »
A map with directions to the church can be found at http://home.att.net/~ralabell/ .

Having railfanned with Ron many times I'll say that if it's in focus it'll be crooked ;D

He has, over almost 60 years, managed to photograph so many things most of us never saw.