Author Topic: Wisconsin St Yard Indianapolis  (Read 393 times)

IC Dispatch

Wisconsin St Yard Indianapolis
« on: August 23, 2020, 03:27:56 PM »
Actually I was looking for some posts on the above subject. I was a telegraph operator at the yard office at Wisconsin St. Yard in Indianapolis back in autumn of 1965. Could not find any recent posts on the yard. I'm assuming it no longer exists. Would appreciate hearing from anyone with some info or old photos of the 2 story yard office. Our method of operation in those days was timetable and train orders.

IndyHog

• President
Re: Wisconsin St Yard Indianapolis
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 04:14:49 PM »
There's actually a lot on this site. It's now owned by the INRD and called Senate St yard now.
Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss......wait a minute, He's much worse

SemperVaporo

• Dispatcher
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 05:57:38 PM »
The only 2 story building I can find using Google Earth/Street View that appears to be old enough is a brick cubic thing now behind a fence around an electrical substation on the north end.  Where was the yard office when you were there?
Semper Vaporo
Charles T. McCullough
CMBY RY

pkgs.

Dschro

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 08:28:03 PM »
Is the building you're talking about at the corner of Illinois and McCarty?  I have driven by it many times and always wondered what it was and who it belonged to!  Anybody have any ideas???

BourdonBoy

• President
  • Long live the B&O and C&O!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 08:34:26 PM »
Is the building you're talking about at the corner of Illinois and McCarty?  I have driven by it many times and always wondered what it was and who it belonged to!  Anybody have any ideas???

Illinois and McCarty?  That's the old IPL McCarty Street Substation building.  It has nothing to do with INRD.

KA9WXO

• Brakeman
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 10:07:32 PM »