Author Topic: NKP Trail Updates  (Read 36968 times)

hallbf

• Conductor
Re: NKP Trail Updates
« Reply #360 on: March 06, 2020, 11:23:10 PM »
But Maybe Tom could work out a deal with NS for a switch on the North End to get off the line. Who knows.

Are you sure Mr. Hoback is still involved with NPE?

nhensley

• Conductor
« Reply #361 on: April 01, 2020, 08:00:35 AM »
I went mountain biking on the ROW in Northeast Marion county a couple days ago.  The rocks are compacted enough in most places that it was not a terrible ride.  Only saw a couple people too so good social distancing.

NS7112

• Dispatcher
« Reply #362 on: April 03, 2020, 08:34:35 AM »
I went mountain biking on the ROW in Northeast Marion county a couple days ago.  The rocks are compacted enough in most places that it was not a terrible ride.  Only saw a couple people too so good social distancing.

Ride at your on risk...jus sayin. “No Trespassing” signs have been put up on the trail in the Fishers area on the trail due to people riding it. A month or two ago the city tweeted to stay off it until completed. I can’t wait to ride it myself but a lot of other trails around our area to mountain bike on.

k9fon

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #363 on: April 03, 2020, 07:05:14 PM »
They can shove that trail up thier ass!!!!! :( >:(

CSX2605

• Mogul
  • Remember the Semaphores!
« Reply #364 on: April 04, 2020, 06:12:25 AM »
They can shove that trail up thier ass!!!!! :( >:(
I think the top dogs at ITM should be at the ribbon cutting ceremony holding the gigantic scissors and be the first to ride.

nhensley

• Conductor
« Reply #365 on: April 06, 2020, 10:03:14 AM »
Ride at your on risk...jus sayin. “No Trespassing” signs have been put up on the trail in the Fishers area on the trail due to people riding it. A month or two ago the city tweeted to stay off it until completed. I can’t wait to ride it myself but a lot of other trails around our area to mountain bike on.

Thanks - I stopped before I got into Hamilton County, figured Marion Co has other fish to fry. 

BourdonBoy

• President
  • Long live the B&O and C&O!
« Reply #366 on: June 03, 2020, 11:16:38 AM »
Fishers begins construction of Nickel Plate Trail
https://www.ibj.com/blogs/north-of-96th/fishers-begins-construction-on-nickel-plate-trails-first-phase

Not coincidentally, I'm sure, but Meyer Najem had built their new offices directly adjacent to the trail, when it was still a railroad.

nhensley

• Conductor
« Reply #367 on: June 03, 2020, 04:25:44 PM »
They seemed to be in much more of a hurry to rip out the rails then they are to actually build the trail.

They are definitely not in a hurry to do something with the hopper car South of 82nd street that was just left to rust in place on an orphan siding.

Don_Worsham

• Brakeman
  • I'm a Hoosier railfan!
« Reply #368 on: June 03, 2020, 06:00:51 PM »
Has anyone mentioned to the Fishers/Noblesville/NKP Trail group that the in $63m state money for the NKP Trail construction has been cut by the Governor in order to balance the State Budget with the Covid 19 Tax revenue hit?

Bob Durnell

• Mogul
« Reply #369 on: June 03, 2020, 09:15:20 PM »
Not likely to happen, but if they ended up with no trail after all of this sham I would probably laugh so hard I'd hyperventilate and drop over dead......

IN1312

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #370 on: June 04, 2020, 07:15:30 AM »
Not likely to happen, but if they ended up with no trail after all of this sham I would probably laugh so hard I'd hyperventilate and drop over dead......

Wouldn't that put HHPA in violation of their original agreement to preserve the corridor?

Bob Durnell

• Mogul
« Reply #371 on: June 04, 2020, 08:01:47 AM »
An empty strip of old ballast and weeds is STILL a preserved ROW, and a darn attractive one at that. ;)

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #372 on: June 04, 2020, 08:40:07 AM »
Could be related to funding, but with the “stay at home” order, construction could have been delayed in compliance with that.

I’m still waiting on a fireplace installation we ordered in early March.  Factory making it shut down in compliance, and company isn’t doing installs until June to comply.

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #373 on: June 04, 2020, 10:24:31 AM »
Could be related to funding, but with the “stay at home” order, construction could have been delayed in compliance with that.

I’m still waiting on a fireplace installation we ordered in early March.  Factory making it shut down in compliance, and company isn’t doing installs until June to comply.

Try getting engineering work done right now.  We are putting in a new facility that requires a design/build for an entrance off a county road and grade crossing over our own tracks.  Having an engineer finalize the plan, getting the surveyors out to set contraction grade stakes, and getting the required permits from County Highway is next to impossible right now. 
The opinions, views, and incoherent ramblings presented here do not necessarily represent the view point of any company I work for or own,  any logical thinking being, or even me.

Bob Durnell

• Mogul
« Reply #374 on: June 04, 2020, 11:49:31 AM »
Try getting engineering work done right now.  We are putting in a new facility that requires a design/build for an entrance off a county road and grade crossing over our own tracks.  Having an engineer finalize the plan, getting the surveyors out to set contraction grade stakes, and getting the required permits from County Highway is next to impossible right now.

None of which should have much of anything to do with the virus, unless you WANT it too.  We've had contractors all over our facilities for month now.  They are thrilled to have the work.  Personally, I hope it's a funding issue, and nothing would make me happier than to have that funding dry up.  Hey, a guy can dream!  ;D

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #375 on: June 04, 2020, 01:57:11 PM »
None of which should have much of anything to do with the virus, unless you WANT it too.  We've had contractors all over our facilities for month now.  They are thrilled to have the work. 

Contractor chomping at the bit ready to go.  But the county government folks seem to only work on the 6th Tuesday of the month from 1 to 105 PM due to Covid concerns.  Doesn't do you a bit of good to be ready to start slinging dirt if you don't have a driveway or even a temporary construction road permit to be able to access the property
The opinions, views, and incoherent ramblings presented here do not necessarily represent the view point of any company I work for or own,  any logical thinking being, or even me.

Bob Durnell

• Mogul
« Reply #376 on: June 04, 2020, 03:46:25 PM »
Oh, I know, leave it to the government types to gum up the works, and then complain about a lack of tax revenue.

laker2555

• Conductor
« Reply #377 on: June 17, 2020, 11:22:57 AM »
The rail through Lantern Rd just north of downtown Fishers, and Fishers Point Blvd just south of downtown Fishers have been removed and replaced with the final concrete trail crossings.  Preparations look to be continuing with the focus on construction between those two points.  As far as I've seen, every road crossing south of 96th street still have the rail in place with whatever crossing protection was there originally.  Rail has been removed on the ROW now.

rrnut282

• Mogul
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
« Reply #378 on: June 18, 2020, 12:53:57 PM »
An empty strip of old ballast and weeds is STILL a preserved ROW, and a darn attractive one at that. ;)
They will try to  argue that the F/O line makes it a communications CORRIDOR. 
rrnut2-8-2
(Mike)

doublestacks

• Mogul
« Reply #379 on: June 19, 2020, 08:00:06 PM »
the crossing has been taken out at keystone ave prior to asphalt resurfacing of the road in the area
Steel is real and it feels no pain.