Author Topic: trains collide in Cincinnati suburb  (Read 766 times)

IndyHog

• Superintendent
Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss......wait a minute, He's much worse

Kim_Heusel

• Superintendent
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: trains collide in Cincinnati suburb
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 02:00:11 PM »
Pretty good info in that article. Had the train numbers, which you don't usually get.

Kim Heusel

HoosierVirg

• President
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 03:12:39 PM »
Pretty good info in that article. Had the train numbers, which you don't usually get.

Kim Heusel
That immediately caught my eye too Kim when I first got that update from channel 19 Fox in Cincinnati. It was all in a direct quote from the press release by Norfolk Southern.  That was one of the more informative press releases on an accident I have seen in a while.
Have a good and safe day!

Go Reds!

CIOR_CO

• Dispatcher
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 12:47:25 PM »
The 2 engines along with the tank cars are in the old scrap yard spur track just past Butler St by the Taco Bell.  I havenít seen em yet, but was told the locomotive drawbar is shoved all the way through the traction motor.  Impact was around 28mph
CIOR Conductor

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 11:09:20 PM »
To add to this another remote accident happened in Elkhart last week.  Spilled a lot of fuel on the ground. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSX2605

• Mogul
  • Remember the Semaphores!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 11:24:02 PM »
I was told CSX had a rear ender here on the CE&D north of Princeton a couple weeks ago.  Q029 coupled up to the rear end of Q217 at 9 mph.  My guess was this happened near Patoka.
Anyone hear about this?