Author Topic: Santa Fe steam is subject of RFI program Saturday night  (Read 95 times)

Kim_Heusel

• Superintendent
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Santa Fe steam is subject of RFI program Saturday night
« on: October 08, 2019, 05:47:42 AM »
Kansas resident Lance Garrels will present the program at Railfans of Indianapolis this Saturday night, October 12, 78:30 p.m. at St. Andrew United Methodist Church, 2560 Villa Avenue. I “met” Lance through Trainorders.com, where his handle is SantaFe199. I actually met Lance a couple of years ago at a Santa Fe Historical Society Mini Meet in Indianapolis and brought up the possibility of him doing a program for our club. As you might guess, Lance is a Santa Fe fan and also a retired railroader who
was in train service with Santa Fe and later an engineer with Montana Rail Link before retiring a few years back. He calls his program “Santa Fe Steam Downloaded.” The show includes more than 100 Santa Fe steam images, most of them black and white. He also plans to show a few images he took himself of the Santa Fe 3751 when he rode behind it in 2012, along with a dozen or so shots he has taken of the 3415 in Abilene since 2010. Plus, there could be a few other surprises. Visitors and guests are always welcome at our meetings.

Kim Heusel