Author Topic: Another Union Pacific Train Derails  (Read 873 times)

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
Another Union Pacific Train Derails
« on: June 21, 2019, 02:15:49 PM »
Saw today that that Union Pacific had another Train Derailment in Chelsea Iowa. Just 3 Days ago they had another Train Derailment in Wells Nev., involving Military Hazardous Materials and a Spill.

IndyHog

• President
Re: Another Union Pacific Train Derails
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 03:07:23 PM »
The railroads seem to take turns having the derailments.  Doubt that PTC could have prevented this one. Railroading will always have derailments. Video of the wreck below,

https://www.ktvn.com/story/40681232/i-80-closed-near-wells-in-elko-county-due-to-train-derailment
Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss......wait a minute, He's much worse

IU_Tower

• Mogul
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 07:11:01 PM »
Saw today that that Union Pacific had another Train Derailment in Chelsea Iowa. Just 3 Days ago they had another Train Derailment in Wells Nev., involving Military Hazardous Materials and a Spill.

Read the story again..... I'll quote it for you:

Rear cars thought to be carrying munitions, hand grenades, sodium nitrate and bombs stayed on the tracks, according to public safety officials in Elko.

“None of the cars involved in the derailment were carrying explosives," a spokesperson for the Federal Railroad Administration said. "FRA is investigating the incident.”

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 11:43:56 PM »
Read the story again..... I'll quote it for you:

Rear cars thought to be carrying munitions, hand grenades, sodium nitrate and bombs stayed on the tracks, according to public safety officials in Elko.

“None of the cars involved in the derailment were carrying explosives," a spokesperson for the Federal Railroad Administration said. "FRA is investigating the incident.”
The original post never said the cars that derailed had explosives.  He said the train that derailed was carrying military hazards and involved a spill, which it did, diesel. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 03:48:49 PM »
Heard Yesterday that Union Pacific had another Derailment in Mercer Missouri. Think it was around 70 Cars involved.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 04:34:22 PM by trainmaster53 »

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 07:13:46 PM »
Unit sand train.  About 70 of em stacked up. Meanwhile NS string-lined another one on horseshoe curve today. And somebody stole a CSX truck and abandoned it on the tracks where it was plowed. But the gold metal for ignorance goes to the person Edison NJ who managed to get their automobile thru a fence or three, under a station platform, and onto the Northeast Corridor.   Just another week on the railroad.......
The opinions, views, and incoherent ramblings presented here do not necessarily represent the view point of any company I work for or own,  any logical thinking being, or even me.

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 09:49:33 PM »
Unit sand train.  About 70 of em stacked up. Meanwhile NS string-lined another one on horseshoe curve today. And somebody stole a CSX truck and abandoned it on the tracks where it was plowed. But the gold metal for ignorance goes to the person Edison NJ who managed to get their automobile thru a fence or three, under a station platform, and onto the Northeast Corridor.   Just another week on the railroad.......
I’m sure the person responsible for the string line will get a promotion.  Meanwhile the crew will be ran through the ringer.  You know the tapes were pulled as soon as this was reported. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IU_Tower

• Mogul
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 06:38:02 PM »
This one WAS a Hazmat train..... Methyl Isobutyl Ketone. Multiple large fires involved.

Dupo, IL.....

https://fox2now.com/2019/09/10/smoke-billows-into-the-air-after-train-derailment-near-dupo-illinois/