Author Topic: Loss of service at Greensburg  (Read 4240 times)

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
Re: Loss of service at Greensburg
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2019, 06:19:19 PM »
From what ive been told and read and leaving some out.  State pulled it as the future development of 46/3 interchange would be odd rebuild.  So not having railroad was good for state.  It was easier ro relay the road minus tracks but as noted they redid the bed under said tracks before paving too.

I believe Scrap mentioned previously about Lowes and not needing rail at the time, but also potential growth industry past Lowes.

STLX 7000

• Chief Dispatcher
  • I'm a Hoosier Railfan!
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2019, 10:00:56 PM »
I don't know if this has any bearings on the matter at hand, but CIND is hiring two Conductors at Valley Junction.

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2019, 11:03:09 PM »
I don't know if this has any bearings on the matter at hand, but CIND is hiring two Conductors at Valley Junction.

I'm sure that has more to do with the impending unit stone trains that will be running from Cincinnati to the new loop track at Cleves than anything else. 
The opinions, views, and incoherent ramblings presented here do not necessarily represent the view point of any company I work for or own,  any logical thinking being, or even me.

MSchwiebert

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2020, 04:44:34 PM »
https://prod.stb.gov/proceedings-actions/decisions/  The notice of exemption has been posted (decision ID 50081).

Tree City Train

• Brakeman
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2020, 12:34:44 AM »
Thank you for posting this.  Stripping out all the legal mumbo jumbo, what does this exactly say and when does anyone think Lowe's will be functioning again with rail service?

CIOR

• The Second
  • Administrator
  • Jay Gould
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2020, 09:01:46 PM »
Ill let Scrap say more but basically its allowing the sale of the segment from Conrail estate to the railroad that Lowes has formed to own the line and allow CIND or any party to operate it. 
On the date listed the sale will go through and then the new owner will get with the state to reinstall the crossing. 

Given they just removed it, id guess it could be a bit

Tree City Train

• Brakeman
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2020, 06:30:33 PM »
Thank you for the clarification.  As I said earlier, this is great news for both Lowe's and Greensburg, especially if additional business locates along the line or extends it a bit further. 

Keep on training