Author Topic: Foolish decisions  (Read 2432 times)

Peoria Man

• Conductor
Re: Foolish decisions
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2019, 10:22:13 AM »
Sure, blame the witness for someone elseís stupidity.  That works every time, not.

Like we say here at the office:  Shoot the messenger!

ckpcpqq

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2019, 12:12:04 PM »
Gee, you simply photograph somebody acting dumb, and one guy says you deserve to be buried in rigatoni and another wants to put a bullet in you.  I guess that's the sort of thing we've come to expect in the Trump Era. 

Regardless, hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year's, even the pasta hurler and the rifleman.

Peoria Man

• Conductor
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2019, 12:33:42 PM »
"Lash with a wet noodle (or in this case, rigatoni)" and "shoot the messenger" are just figures of speech.  A certain degree of irony is implied by their use.

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2019, 12:33:52 PM »
Gee, you simply photograph somebody acting dumb, and one guy says you deserve to be buried in rigatoni and another wants to put a bullet in you.  I guess that's the sort of thing we've come to expect in the Trump Era. 

Regardless, hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year's, even the pasta hurler and the rifleman.
Who wants to put a bullet  in anyone?  I didnít see that one. 

The only thing we expect in the Trump era is no new wars, more money in our pockets, thriving economy, and to bury all the government officials behind the very costly tax payer funded witch hunt which has no credible proof of anything.  The left is batting .000 against him. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckpcpqq

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2019, 06:00:59 PM »
"Lash with a wet noodle (or in this case, rigatoni)" and "shoot the messenger" are just figures of speech.  A certain degree of irony is implied by their use.
The same irony was in my comments, which were taken too seriously.  They weren't intended that way.

Freightrain

• Superintendent
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2019, 07:04:32 PM »

yes this type of behavior never existed in the past.What has come over people the guy running is human and that is human nature Forgive forget live let live.

SemperVaporo

• Dispatcher
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2019, 08:08:37 PM »

"Buried in rigatoni"?  ???  Who said anything about such a quantity of pasta?  :o  I guess I pictured 2 or 3 guys standing on the corner flicking a couple of pieces at the miscreant... :D then chuckling nervously, glad the fellow made it without being divided into multiple sections.     Besides, maybe I meant to throw it at the eye witness!   :P   Or the train engineer?   :-*
Semper Vaporo
Charles T. McCullough
CMBY RY

pkgs.

Freightrain

• Superintendent
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2019, 08:28:10 PM »
If it wasn't for environmentalist wanting to conserve electricity he would get the Electric chair.

Peoria Man

• Conductor
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2020, 09:30:10 PM »
This guy just missed getting clipped by a fast-moving Amtrak Charger locomotive.  The Public Works guy was already there, ready for cleanup with his shovel...

Webnauseum

• Engineer
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2020, 09:57:08 PM »
I can't resist/........it does not appear that the gate  flashers are working    :o

SemperVaporo

• Dispatcher
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2020, 10:06:46 PM »
The street and pedestrian gates are down.
Semper Vaporo
Charles T. McCullough
CMBY RY

pkgs.

Webnauseum

• Engineer
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2020, 10:38:33 AM »
The street and pedestrian gates are down.

It was sarcasm, that's why I started the post with "I can't resist".....