Author Topic: Feds extend deadline on New Albany-Bedford trail  (Read 2287 times)

spuwho

• Brakeman
Re: Feds extend deadline on New Albany-Bedford trail
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2019, 08:53:18 AM »
Indiana steel didnít generate enough business to keep rail operating to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With CSX its not always about how much business an online customer can generate.

I was chatting with a retired CSX dispatcher who used to work out of Mitchell and he said US Gypsum in Shoals was complaining about neglectful service as far back as the 70's. Said he used to have to call the division manager to get his head out of his (you know what) to get a load switched in and out.  The managers up in Chicago would switch in HC loads down through to Kentucky even though he had placed a block on HC through downtown Evansville. So the movement had to stop at the yard north of Evansville so they could pull the HC's off and then attach them to a train going back north to Terre Haute, so they could be switched back in with an eastbound.

He said it was like this almost every week of the year where there was some snafu, not paying attention or just downright indifference to service levels.  The fact that *any* service still exists is a miracle.

sfunk6363

• Fireman
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2019, 01:12:26 PM »

With CSX its not always about how much business an online customer can generate.

I was chatting with a retired CSX dispatcher who used to work out of Mitchell and he said US Gypsum in Shoals was complaining about neglectful service as far back as the 70's. Said he used to have to call the division manager to get his head out of his (you know what) to get a load switched in and out.  The managers up in Chicago would switch in HC loads down through to Kentucky even though he had placed a block on HC through downtown Evansville. So the movement had to stop at the yard north of Evansville so they could pull the HC's off and then attach them to a train going back north to Terre Haute, so they could be switched back in with an eastbound.

He said it was like this almost every week of the year where there was some snafu, not paying attention or just downright indifference to service levels.  The fact that *any* service still exists is a miracle.

They are still slow they came into mitchell two weks ago with one load for us gypsum they were supposed to take it the next morning but were told to go back east and didnt deliver it until the next week and they havent been baxk down to get that car yet

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

monon_man

• Fireman
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2019, 08:55:22 AM »
Just got word yesterday distillery @ old Pillsbury site will be getting service by end of year.