Author Topic: What ITM Left Behind  (Read 986 times)

laker2555

• Conductor
What ITM Left Behind
« on: June 14, 2019, 09:04:49 PM »
I decided to detour off the typical Monon trail route tonight and capture the old turntable sitting on a flat at the Indy Water Treatment Facility and the Tacoma Ave boxcars.  Other than those artifacts, the southern part of the NKP is being taken over by nature and will be lost to 'progress.' 

Pic 1:  Early this week a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed heading east down 42st apparently made no attempt to stop at Evenston Ave and crashed onto the ROW.  The rails directly north of Fall Creek are now impassable. 

Pic 2:  Looking north, just north of the Indianapolis water treatment facility on Fall Creek

Pic 3:  A pano picture of the turntable still sitting on a TTX flat.  This has been here as long as I've been living in Indy.  I wonder what it's fate will be.

Pic 4:  The Tacoma Ave boxcars. These two cars are now actually attached to the building and used for storage.  They even have metal support structures under them that sit right on the rail heads. 

Pic 5:  The jungle that is becoming the ROW looking north at Sutherland Ave

Pic 6:  ROW looking south at the Indianapolis Water Treatment Plant on Fall Creek

Not the greatest post title I know, but I have to head through Noblesville in the coming days so I thought I'd grab a few pics of Forest Park and what is still left there. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:36:46 PM by laker2555 »

central1751

• Dispatcher
  • 6.6 miles from destiny. April 30th 1900
Re: What ITM Left Behind
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 02:47:29 PM »
Looks like nothing sold in the auction as its all now listed for general sale with an asking price over on Ozark Mt Railcar.  I suspect the high cost of removal is hindering potential sales.  If only the outside rail connection still exhisted, I suspect items might have sold easier.  Last I knew, the 72 was running prime mover wise, a local Vo-tech school came in and put in the hours to get it repaired and started.  96, which once pulled the Hiwathia for the Milw Rd needs a flywheel, the 200 should be operational last I knew.   One would think the B unit, which is mostly complete, would grab some attention as so few B units around for dinner train operations that might need a bit more HP.  With scrap prices in the dump right now, there might be some hope of saving a few pieces.      Mike

Railfan407

• Dispatcher
  • I'm a Hoosier railfan!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 10:25:34 AM »
Hopefully TTX doesn’t want their flat car back...

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 11:55:24 AM »
Hopefully TTX doesn’t want their flat car back...

Working on FairTrain for the first time in 2005 I asked about that car and was told it had been donated to ITM. I hope so. Can you imagine the demurrage on that? :D