Author Topic: Possible CN CSX Merger  (Read 2842 times)

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
Possible CN CSX Merger
« on: May 18, 2019, 10:54:52 PM »
What is this News that is coming out about a Possible CN / CSX Merger? Said the Information could come out as Early as Monday. I heard about it while I was at the Indy 11 Game tonight.

doublestacks

• Mogul
Re: Possible CN CSX Merger
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 11:11:50 PM »
here we go...
Steel is real and it feels no pain.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 11:28:00 PM »
I thought it was CN and NS?

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 11:58:22 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sfunk6363

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 12:03:03 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe if sumebody merged with csx t e customets on csx might get better on time service

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 06:46:06 AM »
Donít have to answer the phone in English and French, so guess we didnít get bought out.

crblue

• Dispatcher
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 11:52:33 AM »
Hmmm...Did the IC and EJ&E guys have to learn French?

ckpcpqq

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 12:21:13 PM »
Donít have to answer the phone in English and French, so guess we didnít get bought out.

Hopefully, in the next few months you won't be exclaiming:

"Sacre Bleu!  Notre chemin de fer est kaput!"

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 04:49:16 PM »
Anyone know a Evan Lofback? He was the one that sent out the original post about this. That was why I was asking if anyone had heard about a Possible Merger between CN and CSX.. He also stated that he got the information from a Conductor Buddy of his.

sfunk6363

• Fireman
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 04:52:13 PM »

Anyone know a Evan Lofback? He was the one that sent out the original post about this. That was why I was asking if anyone had heard about a Possible Merger between CN and CSX.. He also stated that he got the information from a Conductor Buddy of his.

What does csx have that cn might want or be interested in

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 05:54:16 PM »
The Question Was: Is there a Possible Merger between CN and CSX. The  Answer was a SINPLE NO. As Usual EVERYONE Wants to Make a BIG ASS DEAL OUT OF A SIMPLE QUESTION. And it was a SIMPLE NO. So DROP IT. It has been Answered. The Person that sent it out DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. Case Closed.

sfunk6363

• Fireman
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 06:01:49 PM »

The Question Was: Is there a Possible Merger between CN and CSX. The  Answer was a SINPLE NO. As Usual EVERYONE Wants to Make a BIG ASS DEAL OUT OF A SIMPLE QUESTION. And it was a SIMPLE NO. So DROP IT. It has been Answered. The Person that sent it out DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. Case Closed.

I was just asking a question trainmaster 53

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 06:15:02 PM »
I understand that and the People that Can Answer these Questions Wont. I myself have no Idea as to what CN would want except a way to get into Florida and Locations that they do not go to. You do bring up a good Point though. Sorry about Blowing my stack. But as I said above the Simple Answer at the Beginning on a Possible CN/CSX Merger was a Simple NO. And Questions like You Brought Up could then be asked and Answered. And here is something else to think about. When Harrison Hunter was at CP, He wanted CSX. When he was at CN He wanted CSX and could Not get it. So the Herritage Fund Group got him in to CSX By getting their Stocks. So now the Question that should be Asked is Just Who Wants CN to Take CSX Over and How. It may Not be a Merger at All. CN gets CSX by Buying Control through Their Stocks. Think about That. CSX owns Controlling Interest of the INRD through their Stocks.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 07:50:12 PM by trainmaster53 »

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 09:49:36 PM »
Sounds like Even Lofback wants CN to take over CSX.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 10:09:14 PM by CSX_CO »

Bob Durnell

• President
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2019, 10:53:40 PM »
The thing to remember about future merger discussion, and why it is unlikely to happen is, that the moment any of the big six (and maybe the seventh) railroads try to merge, it sets off a nuclear chain reaction that will will leave North America with just two mega rail systems, which I don't think ANYBODY, save for the surviving couple of RR CEOs and some Wall Street types really wants to see.  A CN/CSX merger would INSTANTLY trigger a CP/NS merger, followed very shortly by BNSF and UP partnering up with the two survivors.  Railroad economics demands nothing less.  We are LONG past the time when any of these mergers can operate in a vacuum.  For years, the logic was that NS/CN/BNSF was the preferred combination, and that the other three would end up together by necessity. I don't know if that thinking has changed over the years or not, but I honestly expect a six system  (KCS is a wild card) universe for the balance of my life on this planet.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2019, 11:13:00 PM »
CSX has a market cap of almost $62B.

CN has a market cap of almost $67B

Where is CN going to get at least $62B to buy out CSX?

IndyHog

• Superintendent
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2019, 11:15:16 PM »
Hedge fund?
Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss......wait a minute, He's much worse

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2019, 11:50:42 PM »
Thank You. Just what I was Saying.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2019, 12:27:28 AM »
Hedge fund?

Considering how expensive mergers are before profit realization, it wonít be a hedge fund who expects a quick turnaround on their money.

Well...unless they can dump their stock after original run up and buy out anyway.

ckpcpqq

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2019, 10:43:00 AM »
CSX has a market cap of almost $62B.

CN has a market cap of almost $67B

Where is CN going to get at least $62B to buy out CSX?

In most cases, only a portion of the deal is done in cash.  The rest is accomplished via a stock swap.