Author Topic: CID / NMRA Spring Train Show  (Read 371 times)

NSyorktown

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
CID / NMRA Spring Train Show
« on: April 10, 2019, 06:04:18 AM »
The annual spring show of the Central Indiana Division / NMRA is this coming Saturday, April 13, 2019.  In previous years, this event has been in Bedford, Martinsville, and (last year) Franklin.  This spring, the show is at Manual High School, a place familiar to most model railroaders.  The event runs 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM. 

The Train Show floor will be full of vendors and portable displays.  PLAN TO ATTEND!

The annual CID Business meeting is at 11:00 AM, and the featured clinic will be early afternoon, covering layout design.

More details are available via the attached flyer or on the CID website: https://www.cidnmra.org/

ac4400cw

• Brakeman
Re: CID / NMRA Spring Train Show
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 10:21:41 AM »
It is a place familiar to most model railroaders because it is the place that the Naptown and White River Model Railroad club has for many years have there show three times a year.

Tom Carroll
Whiteland, Indiana

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 08:48:40 AM »
So how was the Show yesterday. I missed it because I had to work FDIC at the Dome. Also I am looking for 7 N Scale Peabody Hopper Cars to finish out my 40 Car INRD Peabody Coal Train. I am looking at around $3.00 a Car as I am on Limited Income. Any help would Greatly be Appreciated. Thanks Larry Shirley/Trainmaster53. Let me know.

central1751

• Dispatcher
  • 6.6 miles from destiny. April 30th 1900
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 02:12:14 PM »
It was pretty good, but the nice weather put a real hurt on attendance of buyers.  Vendor turn out was decent, a few were missing that I typicaly see at the Manual HS shows.   I found bought a couple buildings and a grain car, seen some excellent prices on locomotives and rolling stock.  Had fun running my live steam G scale locomotives with our group.  This show is moving again to its new home as Manual HS was a temp thing for the old Franklin show.  They are moving to 2 buildings at the fairgrounds for next time around.  So only the Naptown shows will be at the HS now.  See you all in the fall, time to start enjoying outdoor activites, ie railfanning, our Jeeps and my antique tractor.      Mike 

Purdue587

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 10:55:35 PM »
2 buildings at which fairgrounds?

central1751

• Dispatcher
  • 6.6 miles from destiny. April 30th 1900
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 09:59:42 AM »
south of Indy, I dont remember which county it was. When they post the schedule further out on the NMRA/CID page,we will know unless someone else has the info.  I know they were moving the show closer to where it once was south of Indy since it used to be the Martinsville/Franklin area show.   The show organizer was telling our live steam group which building we will probably be in at the show in 2020.    Mike

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 07:34:13 PM »
Could that be the Johnson County Fair Grounds in Franklin. I know that there are two Buildings There that they could use? That would be Very Nice if it is. Lots of Free Parking and Space.