Author Topic: Q503 reroute?  (Read 1339 times)

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
Q503 reroute?
« on: February 09, 2019, 11:19:15 AM »
Anything going on between Chicago and Nashville that would cause a traffic reroute?   Chicago Nashville train Q503 is now operating via Garrett, Lima, Cincy, Louisville to Nashville while counterpart Q502 has been truncated to run only as far as Danville.

SuperC

• Conductor
Re: Q503 reroute?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 01:08:54 PM »
500/501 via Ridgeway
647/648 via Lafayette
Hmmm??  Must be something north of Danville

CSX2605

• Mogul
  • Remember the Semaphores!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 04:54:22 PM »
Heard UP is in melt down north of Woodland to Chicago. PSR?  Heard scanner talk that 25 trains are up in the area(dead I guess). They said it could take two days to line out. Might explain why Q025 & 29 have been running late for a couple days. Been running some to Lafayette and Avon then south. Q502 left Alice this morning and said they were going to Danville.

crblue

• Dispatcher
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 05:25:21 PM »
Is it possible that Q647 came down the Crawfordsville Branch today? I thought I heard radio chatter talking about recrewing it at Avon.

CSXIndyLine

• Mogul
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 07:27:56 PM »
Is it possible that Q647 came down the Crawfordsville Branch today? I thought I heard radio chatter talking about recrewing it at Avon.
Yeah it did and 648 went up.
The gates are going down and the people are starting to frown.

16 down, 4 to go.

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 09:30:27 AM »
Heard UP is in melt down north of Woodland to Chicago. PSR?  Heard scanner talk that 25 trains are up in the area(dead I guess). They said it could take two days to line out. Might explain why Q025 & 29 have been running late for a couple days. Been running some to Lafayette and Avon then south. Q502 left Alice this morning and said they were going to Danville.
That’s possible.  Ns has had a hard time getting proviso bound trains to them without a recrew since last weeks storm. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyHog

• Superintendent
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 10:06:32 AM »
I thought PSR was going to fix everything.....
Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss......wait a minute, He's much worse

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 10:31:01 AM »
If I had a dollar for every time I heard that on the radio

Pin Lifter

• Brakeman
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 05:46:36 PM »
Precision Scheduled Railroading
o            c              a
n            h              i
z            e              l
i            m             r
             e             o
                            a
                            d
                            i
                            n
                            g

Couldn't resist ;D

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 06:47:18 PM »

Nice to see PSR as a punching bag for everything that goes wrong on the railroad,

I guess maximizing assets, and reducing expenses isn’t something every business is rooted in.

Couldn’t be the UP is messed up because we’ve gone from well below zero temps in Chicago, to the mid 40’s (was in the 60’s at my place), and then back below freezing in little over a week.  Totally PSR.

IndyHog

• Superintendent
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 08:02:51 PM »
Same weather for all the Chicago railroads.   UP is the only one I heard "melting down".   They happen to be in the midst of rolling out PSR on their property.
Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss......wait a minute, He's much worse

SankyInbound

• Chief Dispatcher
  • Railroading: It's a way of life, more than a job.
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 08:12:00 PM »
The new management comprised of hedge funders, lawyers, and accountants are the ones sowing the seeds producing those “roots,” not railroaders...  All under a new trendy anachronim; PSR...  At least for them the stock price went up.  I wonder how many true millions in expenses could have been avoided in the Hawthorne, State Street, Transfer, and Avon yard square dance? 

Every industry, not just the railroads, these days seems to be torqued to the brink of failure by way of cuts and giving one person 6 peoples jobs that were deemed “expendable.”  It’s a never ending quest to find just how much profit can be squeezed out of an operation and a new “norm” established.  Seems to be the new American way. 

To heck with performing the services or manufacturing whatever it is a company does to the BEST of it’s ability.  If America could get back to those ideals the balance sheet would take care of itself.
"Don't find a fault, find a remedy."

NS7112

• Dispatcher
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 08:36:22 PM »
The new management comprised of hedge funders, lawyers, and accountants are the ones sowing the seeds producing those “roots,” not railroaders...  All under a new trendy anachronim; PSR...  At least for them the stock price went up.  I wonder how many true millions in expenses could have been avoided in the Hawthorne, State Street, Transfer, and Avon yard square dance? 

Every industry, not just the railroads, these days seems to be torqued to the brink of failure by way of cuts and giving one person 6 peoples jobs that were deemed “expendable.”  It’s a never ending quest to find just how much profit can be squeezed out of an operation and a new “norm” established.  Seems to be the new American way. 

To heck with performing the services or manufacturing whatever it is a company does to the BEST of it’s ability.  If America could get back to those ideals the balance sheet would take care of itself.

I have to agree with you but if you don't follow what your competitors are doing then you will sink.  It's that way with any business.  Look at the trucking industry and all those dumb looking wind blockers they put on trailers to save fuel costs.  When one company does it and saves $$....the rest follow suit or sink.  Now you see them on just about every trailer.  Auto industry does it.  Don't think Lowe's doesn't pay people to walk around Menards and see what their prices are on things.  They do!!  It is the American way!! 

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 09:45:35 PM »
Same weather for all the Chicago railroads.   UP is the only one I heard "melting down".   They happen to be in the midst of rolling out PSR on their property.

UP is also about the one Class One with their major classification yard in the city.  Sure, BRC has one, but NS, CSX, and BNSF all do their switching outside “the region”. 

crblue

• Dispatcher
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 07:20:10 AM »
Chicago had weather-related railroading issues long before anyone dreamed up PSR.

I'm not a moderator here, but I'd like to see this thread get back to UP's current weather-related issues in Chicago and the impact on other railroads in the area. We've had enough threads blaming everything on PSR.

MP173

• Fireman
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 05:04:57 PM »
The trucking industry places the "wind blocker" items due to government regulation, primarily California.  If you run a fleet into or out of Ca, then you must be in compliance.

For the most part, the trucking industry is pretty smart when it comes to fuel consumption. It makes up a big chunk of operating costs.

Ed

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 05:22:56 PM »
The trucking industry places the "wind blocker" items due to government regulation, primarily California.  If you run a fleet into or out of Ca, then you must be in compliance.

For the most part, the trucking industry is pretty smart when it comes to fuel consumption. It makes up a big chunk of operating costs.

Ed
We’d all be better off if California would just mind its own business.  That’s got to be the most jacked up state with the biggest idiots in charge. 
As for UP.  I’ve not heard one specific reason why they are having issues.  However, every railroad in Chicago has issues monthly if not weekly.  They just don’t get reported on here.  Chicago is a different animal.  When one railroad is having issues, it trickles down very quickly to the rest. 

ckpcpqq

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 11:06:01 PM »

That's part of the reason; a related part is that the Villa Grove dispatching desk has been moved to Omaha and the VG sub is currently being run by dispatchers unfamiliar with the territory.  That's what I've been hearing from reliable sources.

I'm also told that all the Proviso desks will be moved to Omaha later this year.

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2019, 10:11:36 AM »
That's part of the reason; a related part is that the Villa Grove dispatching desk has been moved to Omaha and the VG sub is currently being run by dispatchers unfamiliar with the territory.  That's what I've been hearing from reliable sources.

I'm also told that all the Proviso desks will be moved to Omaha later this year.
Ns knows how that feels.  It’s getting better for the most part but Chicago is still a mess.  Part of the problem with assigning jobs based on seniority, you aren’t always the best person for the job

IndyHog

• Superintendent
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2019, 11:25:20 AM »
Believe me, you don't want the carrier assigning jobs. You'd find out how many uncles, nephews and brother-in-laws the boss had. It's up to Manage-ment to make sure the work gets done in a timely fashion. Maybe there aren't enough managers