Author Topic: Manual High School show December 8th G scale live steam layout will be there!  (Read 197 times)

central1751

• Dispatcher
  • 6.6 miles from destiny. April 30th 1900
Tomorrow, December 8th is the Manual High School train show in Indianapolis.  Our live steam group will have our G scale live steam locomotives running along with other folks layouts and trains to purchase.  If you have any interest in small scale live steam, where to buy an engine or just love to see real working steam locomotives running.  The locomotives are factory built, kit built and even some that are scratch built.  Hope to see you there!   Show is open from 10am till 3pm.   

central1751

• Dispatcher
  • 6.6 miles from destiny. April 30th 1900
The Naptown club put on a nicely run show once again. Turnout was light overall patron wise, started out slow when the door opened, peaked in the 11 O' clock hour, then by noon you could roll a bowling ball down the isles and not hit anybody most of the time.  Dealers were starting to back not long after 1:45 and by the final half hour, most all were preparing to pack it in.  I was suprised by the light turn out with Christmas right around the corner.  Some good deals to be had, one dealer had very inconsistant pricing, some stuff in left field and some stuff a bargain with most of his stuff in left field.  I picked up a LGB xmas train coach from one dealer and a Marklin class 140 electric loco from the guy with the prices all over the board.  He had a Marklin steamer with digital sound, no box, no way to test to prove it ran and he wanted 3/4 of the cost of a brand new one from a dealer in Germany.  I dont think so, keep on smoking.      Had a great time and our group will be set up at the next show.      Mike