Author Topic: Bowling a 300 game  (Read 355 times)

CSX10020

• Dispatcher
Bowling a 300 game
« on: December 15, 2018, 07:28:59 PM »
Guess this fits into misc(?)

Last Saturday (12/8), I bowled in a 6 game tournament over at West Park Bowl which is south of Dupo Illinois. In my second game I happened to score a 300 game, which is the highest game in bowling and the most amount of strikes one can get in the game. Thought I would share! :)

CSX2605

• Mogul
  • Remember the Semaphores!
Re: Bowling a 300 game
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 08:48:11 PM »
That's pretty impressive!  :o
I would have blisters on at least two fingers if I were bowling.  ;)

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 09:26:41 PM »
Congratulations

I remember growing up in Northern Illinois a lot of schools had bowling teams.  That still the case, despite the sport not getting as much exposure 30 years later?  Used to be PBA bowling on Saturday or Sunday afternoons on ABC.

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 10:36:34 PM »
Very nice.  You getting a 300 ring for that performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSX10020

• Dispatcher
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 01:09:49 PM »
That's pretty impressive!  :o
I would have blisters on at least two fingers if I were bowling.  ;)

Hahahaha thank you!

Congratulations

I remember growing up in Northern Illinois a lot of schools had bowling teams.  That still the case, despite the sport not getting as much exposure 30 years later?  Used to be PBA bowling on Saturday or Sunday afternoons on ABC.

Thank you! The sport has not really had much exposure, especially PBA as the only time I would see it on TV would be once in a blue moon. Our coach used to be a PBA bowler I think. There's a lot of schools in the Northern and Southern Illinois regions that have teams, but more Southern; Columbia, Dupo, Collinsville, Salem (us), Mt. Vernon, Marion and all surrounding. But the sport itself is more than throwing a ball down a lane and trying to knock all the pins down. You have to look at boards, bring 6-8 different bowling balls to a tournament based by how the oil pattern is on the lane and/or the type of wood is used (synthetic, pine, etc), ball speed matters, and the way you get your hand off the ball.

Very nice.  You getting a 300 ring for that performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, and yes I am, I was handed paperwork soon after I finished that game. I wasn't the only one though that scored a 300 that day, there was a guy on a game before me on the same lanes that also bowled a 300.