Author Topic: F9A IBCX 4214  (Read 1132 times)

rogerhensley

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
F9A IBCX 4214
« on: August 09, 2018, 07:48:37 AM »
8/04/2018
Here is a F9 IBCX 4214 at South Anderson yard, on its way to Lapel. It will join a couple of passenger cars there for transport to Atlanta. It loooks rough on the outside but I am told its really clean on the inside.
Roger Hensley

Railroads of Madison County - (NYC and More) - http://madisonrails.railfan.net/
East Central Indiana HO RR - http://madisonrails.railfan.net/eci/eci_new.html

pbrankle

Re: F9A IBCX 4214
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 01:42:43 PM »
I thought they were having it repainted before shipping it to Indiana?

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 07:31:33 PM »
This is the F9 that is going to Operate the Nickle Plate Heritage Passenger Trains. Thought it was suppose to be Repainted before it got here?

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 07:43:56 PM »
This is the F9 that is going to Operate the Nickle Plate Heritage Passenger Trains. Thought it was suppose to be Repainted before it got here?

I think because a different F unit they had lined up fell through, this was pressed into service quickly.

Would have been nice to have seen it painted before delivered, but if Vermillion Valley forces do the painting, it will no doubt look sharp.

DRLOCO

• Dispatcher
  • That's Real Nice!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 09:59:52 PM »
SO, I brought that engine up to Anderson on my local.  I had to do a "proper inspection" of the engine.  the toilet had a roll of toilet paper in the holder, that's attention to detail! :)
I"m not sure if VV is sending people to do the work, or if A&P will have the people that did the 50 ton loco do the paint work at Lapel.
The cab is in very good shape, newly repainted, properly masked, only missing a radio.  has 2 Jagers (CSX_CO knows what they are) seats...which are a step up from the old F Toadstools, but not as nice as today's seating offerings.
the engine room is tidy, with a surprisingly small amount of grease and oil about.  It's perhaps the cleanest "old" engine I've ever seen.
It did have some quirky piping arrangements for the MU cables compared to what I'm used to on todays locos, but for something that was that old, to hook it up and have no problems with it, the guys at VV should be commended for a job well done in getting it ready for transit on a class 1! (which isn't exactly known for handling old stuff well).
Professional Locomotive Engineer and train nerd with most social skills.

central1751

• Dispatcher
  • 6.6 miles from destiny. April 30th 1900
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 09:39:44 AM »
She looks pretty good, better than 83A looked prior to repainting into NKP bluebird colors.  Cant wait to see her in fresh paint.  Wish she was a dual headlight version with a Mars or Gyralite in the upper position.      Mike the Aspie

scraphauler

• Tycoon
  • Oberfeldwebel Hans Scraphauler
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 01:08:23 PM »
Now hold on DRLOCO, if that is your real name.   You mean to tell me that an engine owned a two bit fly by night outfit actually is a mechanically sound, well maintained piece of equipment that appears to have been cared for by professionals who take pride in their work and equipment.  Come on now, you are full of crap.  This is the same outfit that allowed annoying interstate commerce to interfere with our GOD GIVEN right to practice recreational railroading when and where we want.  The mere FACT that this infamous railroad owner is willing to have a good (or any kind of) commercial relationship with those spawns of Satan "up north" who will get their comeuppance (cuz karma's is not a head shop, its a b**ch) proves to me that you are not who you say you are.  You  you are obviously one of the satanic 7 (likely the ring leader) who SINGLE HANDEDLY planted seeds of disfunction in the ranks of ITM oh so many years ago and caused the collapse of the almighty organization.  Truth be known, you personally planted the whole ridiculous trail idea in the mayors' of Fishers and Noblesville mind.  Hell, you where behind the building of the Monon trail, just because you knew it would make Fishers and Noblesville jealous.    I bet you are probably the usher at the Ford Theater who seated John Wilkes Booth.  You probably hate Christmas......and puppy dogs....

For our sarcasm challenged readers, THIS IS IT.  Shows how rediculous some of the postings around here are getting (both sides of you pick the issue).  This used to be fairly calm place where real railroaders and industry insiders would share experiences, information, and opinions with fans of the industry.  But its getting as bad as some facebook pages or Pain-in-the-ass Orders - God forbid you have an opinion not shared by the masses, and whoa unto they who states facts that are unpopular, 

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 01:36:06 PM by scraphauler »

Railfan9

• Engineer
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 04:51:51 PM »
Now hold on DRLOCO, if that is your real name.   You mean to tell me that an engine owned a two bit fly by night outfit actually is a mechanically sound, well maintained piece of equipment that appears to have been cared for by professionals who take pride in their work and equipment.  Come on now, you are full of crap.  This is the same outfit that allowed annoying interstate commerce to interfere with our GOD GIVEN right to practice recreational railroading when and where we want.  The mere FACT that this infamous railroad owner is willing to have a good (or any kind of) commercial relationship with those spawns of Satan "up north" who will get their comeuppance (cuz karma's is not a head shop, its a b**ch) proves to me that you are not who you say you are.  You  you are obviously one of the satanic 7 (likely the ring leader) who SINGLE HANDEDLY planted seeds of disfunction in the ranks of ITM oh so many years ago and caused the collapse of the almighty organization.  Truth be known, you personally planted the whole ridiculous trail idea in the mayors' of Fishers and Noblesville mind.  Hell, you where behind the building of the Monon trail, just because you knew it would make Fishers and Noblesville jealous.    I bet you are probably the usher at the Ford Theater who seated John Wilkes Booth.  You probably hate Christmas......and puppy dogs....

For our sarcasm challenged readers, THIS IS IT.  Shows how rediculous some of the postings around here are getting (both sides of you pick the issue).  This used to be fairly calm place where real railroaders and industry insiders would share experiences, information, and opinions with fans of the industry.  But its getting as bad as some facebook pages or Pain-in-the-ass Orders - God forbid you have an opinion not shared by the masses, and whoa unto they who states facts that are unpopular,
Scrap I really need a good laugh today and your first part brought me that.

DRLOCO

• Dispatcher
  • That's Real Nice!
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 08:23:19 PM »
Scrap.
You. I like you.  that was the levity I needed today.
Thanks!
Professional Locomotive Engineer and train nerd with most social skills.

Ralph

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 08:35:30 PM »
Scrap.
You. I like you.  that was the levity I needed today.
Thanks!

Both of you often lighten my day so please keep it up.

BourdonBoy

• President
  • A conductor of both kinds.
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 07:34:21 AM »
Both of you often lighten my day so please keep it up.
I second Ralph's comment! Thanks for all that both of you guys bring to the Bull Session, serious and otherwise.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Railfan9

• Engineer
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 08:07:43 AM »
I'll third the motion

xgap

• President
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 09:30:47 AM »
Certainly, Keep it Going!

Cmdr_Suds

• Superintendent
  • Notch eight and sanding!
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2018, 02:44:57 PM »

Ever thought about quitting your day job? ;D
CSX CE&D Sub
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced."