Author Topic: 1 Unit / 1 Car Wonder - NS Marion District 8/4  (Read 435 times)

laker2555

• Conductor
1 Unit / 1 Car Wonder - NS Marion District 8/4
« on: August 06, 2018, 01:26:34 PM »
On Saturday 8/4, NS train 200, a Danville, KY to Hammond, IN, mostly a K-Line/international stack train was seen traversing the NS Marion District with a lone BNSF Dash9 and a single well car with one box.    It is very common for 200 to run with just a single unit, but as it turns out, the conductor reportedly made a mistake and left a sizable amount of cars in the yard.  In fact, 200 was reported to be much larger than normal the next day. 

I'm sure it is more involved than a simple mistake, whether there were paperwork complications or confusion, but it would be interesting who gets the blame as I would have to imagine several people would have questioned why they had only one car that day. 

200 is seen below sitting at North Leesburg, IN waiting in traffic.  The two trains in front of it were waiting on a signal to get across the B&O at Milford Jct. 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:47:37 PM by laker2555 »

Wes Lewis

• Dispatcher
Re: 1 Unit / 1 Car Wonder - NS Marion District 8/4
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 03:38:53 PM »
Was the balance of the train left in Danville or Gest Street?  Guessing that someone is out of service over this move.

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
Re: 1 Unit / 1 Car Wonder - NS Marion District 8/4
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 07:49:50 PM »
The next day train had 45 cars.  The day before had 34.  Its possible they left a track behind.  Considering its not a hot train its highly unlikely theyd run it with one car.  The shortest Ive seen it was 4 cars so it is slightly possible it could be a one car train. 

Id say yardmaster for sure dropped the ball plus conductor and engineer and possibly the ub and carman.  Depends on whos all involved in putting the train together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk