Author Topic: ITM's Move Into Logansport  (Read 23535 times)

Wema

• Dispatcher
  • A Rail History Nut
Re: ITM's Move Into Logansport
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2019, 02:40:14 PM »
Looks like the first auction must have not been successful as Noblesville is having another: https://ozarkmountainrailcar.com/auctions.php

And supposedly, whatever is not successfully sold will be scrapped.

trainmaster53

• Tycoon
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2019, 03:14:22 PM »
I have NO RESPECT FOR ANY OF THE ELECTED OFFICIALS IN NOBLESVILLE OR FISHERS and have urged all my fellow Railfans to have NOTHING TO DO with Those Corrupt Officials in Either of those Cities. They Move ITM OUT to Only Move the Nickel Plate Express Group in. Total BS and they had that all Planed out. Sell off the Museum Pieces and there is NO LONGER A MUSEUM There.

CSX_CO

• Tycoon
  • Ok...lets get our stories straight......
« Reply #282 on: September 08, 2019, 06:18:19 PM »
I have NO RESPECT FOR ANY OF THE ELECTED OFFICIALS IN NOBLESVILLE OR FISHERS and have urged all my fellow Railfans to have NOTHING TO DO with Those Corrupt Officials in Either of those Cities. They Move ITM OUT to Only Move the Nickel Plate Express Group in. Total BS and they had that all Planed out. Sell off the Museum Pieces and there is NO LONGER A MUSEUM There.

So you’re going to totally ignore the fact ITM had plenty of time to move their “**collection**” somewhere else.

Totally going to ignore they’re currently being sued for non-payment in moving expenses on what they did move.

Totally going to ignore the fact they’re storing stuff on someone’s Spur, but yet deny any knowledge of them storing stuff there.

Have you looked at the photos? The stuff left behind is in deplorable condition.  ITM should be absolutely ashamed to let their pieces fall into the condition they did.  Nevermind the fact they just abandoned it.

Yeah, but it is 100% the elected officials fault. I’m sure they’re losing plenty of sleep that someone from two counties south feels that way.

Now, you were the one saying from the get go that Hoback should get involved.  He did with the Nickel Plate Express.  By all appearances they’re making a successful go of offering excursion services.  You realize, ITM isn’t the only one who is qualified to run trains, right?

IU_Tower

• Mogul
« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2019, 10:20:34 PM »

Must be lonely up on that pedestal looking through rose colored glasses.....

central1751

• Dispatcher
  • 6.6 miles from destiny. April 30th 1900
« Reply #284 on: September 10, 2019, 09:57:28 AM »
Still waiting for ITM to do anything with the Logansport plans.  Maybe the L&ER needs to approach the owner of the DS50 and restart their own operations again, just on a smaller scale and grow from there.  Buy those two NKP hacks and the rider flat then fundraise/crowdfund to rebuild the remaining 1.5miles of track followed by getting that switch restored for outside access.  I just dont see a way forward for ITM, they are not making any $$ to speak of from excursions, they are being sued for non payment on what they did get moved out.   The rented train set still sits in Kokomo getting vandilzed since the last xmas trains.  I know they dont own that train set, just supprised it was left where it can get damaged and not moved elsewhere.

Trainman19

• Superintendent
« Reply #285 on: September 10, 2019, 03:58:37 PM »
Still waiting for ITM to do anything with the Logansport plans.  Maybe the L&ER needs to approach the owner of the DS50 and restart their own operations again, just on a smaller scale and grow from there.  Buy those two NKP hacks and the rider flat then fundraise/crowdfund to rebuild the remaining 1.5miles of track followed by getting that switch restored for outside access.  I just dont see a way forward for ITM, they are not making any $$ to speak of from excursions, they are being sued for non payment on what they did get moved out.   The rented train set still sits in Kokomo getting vandilzed since the last xmas trains.  I know they dont own that train set, just supprised it was left where it can get damaged and not moved elsewhere.

Actually, we (ITM) just last month did speeder rides on the L&ER, between Michigan Avenue and 3rd Street. We also have an operations agreement with the folks of the L&ER, so things are slowly coming into existence. There are other things in the works, so stay tuned!   ;D

central1751

• Dispatcher
« Reply #286 on: September 11, 2019, 01:23:50 AM »
Better than nothing, but I hope you all have some much bigger plans toward fund raising.  You all have a railroad to buy, a switch to get reinstalled  .Lots of hurdles to overcome.  I always wish the best and hope soon your group can become more upfront with your plan to move forward in Logansport.  Doing this behind the scenes isnt the best idea.  You all need the support of the public and railfans to raise funds to get this thing up and going on all cylinders and not becoming another multi year smoldering dumpster fire again.  Keep the updates coming whenever you can.   

Trainman19

• Superintendent
« Reply #287 on: September 11, 2019, 04:29:26 AM »
Better than nothing, but I hope you all have some much bigger plans toward fund raising.  You all have a railroad to buy, a switch to get reinstalled  .Lots of hurdles to overcome.  I always wish the best and hope soon your group can become more upfront with your plan to move forward in Logansport.  Doing this behind the scenes isnt the best idea.  You all need the support of the public and railfans to raise funds to get this thing up and going on all cylinders and not becoming another multi year smoldering dumpster fire again.  Keep the updates coming whenever you can.

The speeder rides weren't exactly able to be planned very far ahead of time. The city reached out to us about doing them as part of the Carousel Fun Day (held on 8/27/19), with around 3 weeks notice. Still had a really good turnout! As for the "behind the scenes" thing... the board wants to make sure we have things secured before announcing anything major, so we don't take the risk of building up hype, only for something to change the plans.

However, after we did the speeder rides, people were talking about how the L&ER tracks are becoming active again and how the museum is working to get it active. Word's getting out, so we're starting to get that needed support. We even had the deputy mayor on board for a ride, during the speeder operations and she enjoyed the experience! As I learn things that I'm allowed to publicly release, I will share them. Until then, Keep your eyes open for news.  :)

crblue

• Dispatcher
« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2019, 06:57:11 AM »
The city reached out to us about doing them as part of the Carousel Fun Day (held on 8/27/19), with around 3 weeks notice.
With 3 weeks notice, ITM could have posted the event on their web site, on Facebook, on Twitter, in this forum, sent emails to past supporters, etc.

Wadsworth_Constant

• Brakeman
« Reply #289 on: September 11, 2019, 08:27:40 AM »
With 3 weeks notice, ITM could have posted the event on their web site, on Facebook, on Twitter, in this forum, sent emails to past supporters, etc.

central1751

• Dispatcher
« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2019, 09:29:25 AM »
exactly crblue.  I didnt know about the speeder rides till someone posted pics about it.  And I do watch several online sources for train stuff.  So once again, while they talk the talk, they cannot walk the walk when it comes to getting information out to the public.  Three weeks is PLENTY of time to get the event cut and pasted to several online outlets to gain interest in the event.  I am betting it was much less time than that, or they just dropped the ball again.   If you guys seriously want this thing to fly.  A MUCH better online presence needs to be achieved and fast.   If folks outside of the local event do not know about it, then how in the bloody hell do you expect to make much $$?????   Not everybody attends every event, especially one that might not normally have a train feature.   Step it up ITM, or its the same @#$% show all over again. 

Trainman19

• Superintendent
« Reply #291 on: September 11, 2019, 06:46:18 PM »
exactly crblue.  I didnt know about the speeder rides till someone posted pics about it.  And I do watch several online sources for train stuff.  So once again, while they talk the talk, they cannot walk the walk when it comes to getting information out to the public.  Three weeks is PLENTY of time to get the event cut and pasted to several online outlets to gain interest in the event.  I am betting it was much less time than that, or they just dropped the ball again.   If you guys seriously want this thing to fly.  A MUCH better online presence needs to be achieved and fast.   If folks outside of the local event do not know about it, then how in the bloody hell do you expect to make much $$?????   Not everybody attends every event, especially one that might not normally have a train feature.   Step it up ITM, or its the same @#$% show all over again.

Ok, first of all, this was a city thing, to help celebrate the 100th anniversary of Logansport's Denzel Carousel... so we were advertising to the citizens (plus Logansport did some of there own advertising). Second: This is our first operations since December and the first on the L&ER, since the right agreement was signed, so of course we didn't get a lot of people. We're still working out some bugs and knocking down some hurdles, which takes more time than we'd like.

central1751

• Dispatcher
« Reply #292 on: September 12, 2019, 11:48:10 AM »
I feel many in both the general public and railfan community do not wish to hear excuses.  They want to see action and excitement.  One would think that your group, being on the ropes from this whole situation, would be doing everything it can to PR everything they try to do.  Yet, the first I see of a speeder thing are pics after the fact.  Even though it was a "city of Logansport" thing, that is no excuse not to PR it elsewhere.  Takes all of just a few min to cut and paste an announcement to this group and several others to get the word out even more.  This still smacks of the same "We will do it our own way and you all can be dammed" mentality that got ITM into the mess in Noblesville in the first place.  As I have always said, I wish nothing but the best.  But when I personally sit back and watch how your group is doing things as seen from the public side and not an insider with the group mind you, then compare it to much more successful museum groups.  There is a night and day difference.   In the age of social media, being secretive and giving lame excuses for not getting the word out does not cut it, period.    Someone in your group that has excellent PR and information tech skills needs to take the bull by the horns and start putting ITM or whatever the new operation will be called, into a positive light in the public eye.  And that means outside of Logansport itself.  If anything to rub it in Hamilton Counties eyes that you all can rebuild and come back from this disaster.  I look forward to DS50 being repaired and rides being run again.  Maybe you all can put the "iron horse" back in Logansport's festival, which was a huge event back in the day.  And it can be again with the proper management.   Just my thoughts and I look forward to some more positive announcements in the near future.     Mike

Rick

• Mogul
  • Conrail #1
« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2019, 01:51:29 PM »
Just my lonely opinion but it would do you guys wonders to have a person strictly for PR.  Someone’s kid would be suitable since all they’d need to do is take a few minutes a month to update Facebook, Twitter, local news media’s if need be, and your own web page and everyone knows a teenager could accomplish that sitting on the toilet.  That’s all free info minus the local news media but I’m sure you’ll recoup that in attendance gains.  Logsnsport is a hop away from south bend, Elkhart, Plymouth, Laporte,etc... and there’s tons of people along these tracks up here.  Advertising north would be beneficial if you aren’t already. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJ

• President
  • The train's are on their way back!!!!
« Reply #294 on: September 17, 2019, 08:39:01 AM »
I have been sitting back biting my tongue watching on the sidelines for some time watching the I.T.M. show at Logansport, IN. with the L.E.R. But now I have to ask questions here, because some I.T.M. folks do not bother to return phone calls or emails to our directors and officers at the L.E.R. I have brought some of these questions up on several other social networks, and the answer is it is none of my concern, but it is. Especially as an officer of the Board of Directors of the L.E.R. I have had to get on some of their members posting stuff over in the other social media, because of things that have been done by their members, that have dam near got our officers, directors, and stockholders in hot water. I hate to ask the questions here, but feel it is the only way to find the answers I am looking for.
1. At what point was it okay for I.T.M. to use squatters rights on L.E.R. property??
2. Who gave the authority for the I.T.M. to break into our barn to store the DS50 in the cover of night??
I had a long talk with one of the assailants that put the DS50 in our barn, so this person now has my protection.
3. Why is it some of these so called members of I.T.M. are friends with me on a certain social network, why can't they get ahold of me before doing stuff on the L.E.R. After all there are three L.E.R. officers who have never been called by any I.T.M. members before they (I.T.M.) does stuff on our property.
4. Who gave the authority to change the locks on our enginebarn??
5. Why is our motor car outside and private members motor cars in our motor car shed?? By the way who broke into that shed??
6. I.T.M. doesn't even own the L.E.R. yet, but their p.r. people have already posted in TRAINS Magazine that they already own the L.E.R. That is definitely not true. So you have given me the inkling that I.T.M. can no longer be trusted. If you guys want help from this L.E.R. Officer, start showing me some trust. My job is to watch out for our stockholders investment in this railroad. I already can sense that they will be screwed in this deal, maybe the new I.T.M. will prove me wrong, but I am not holding my breath to find out none either.

IU_Tower

• Mogul
« Reply #295 on: September 17, 2019, 03:35:04 PM »
I have been sitting back biting my tongue watching on the sidelines for some time watching the I.T.M. show at Logansport, IN. with the L.E.R. But now I have to ask questions here, because some I.T.M. folks do not bother to return phone calls or emails to our directors and officers at the L.E.R. I have brought some of these questions up on several other social networks, and the answer is it is none of my concern, but it is. Especially as an officer of the Board of Directors of the L.E.R. I have had to get on some of their members posting stuff over in the other social media, because of things that have been done by their members, that have dam near got our officers, directors, and stockholders in hot water. I hate to ask the questions here, but feel it is the only way to find the answers I am looking for.
1. At what point was it okay for I.T.M. to use squatters rights on L.E.R. property??
2. Who gave the authority for the I.T.M. to break into our barn to store the DS50 in the cover of night??
I had a long talk with one of the assailants that put the DS50 in our barn, so this person now has my protection.
3. Why is it some of these so called members of I.T.M. are friends with me on a certain social network, why can't they get ahold of me before doing stuff on the L.E.R. After all there are three L.E.R. officers who have never been called by any I.T.M. members before they (I.T.M.) does stuff on our property.
4. Who gave the authority to change the locks on our enginebarn??
5. Why is our motor car outside and private members motor cars in our motor car shed?? By the way who broke into that shed??
6. I.T.M. doesn't even own the L.E.R. yet, but their p.r. people have already posted in TRAINS Magazine that they already own the L.E.R. That is definitely not true. So you have given me the inkling that I.T.M. can no longer be trusted. If you guys want help from this L.E.R. Officer, start showing me some trust. My job is to watch out for our stockholders investment in this railroad. I already can sense that they will be screwed in this deal, maybe the new I.T.M. will prove me wrong, but I am not holding my breath to find out none either.

Me thinks you got swindled.....

central1751

• Dispatcher
« Reply #296 on: September 17, 2019, 04:45:11 PM »
Until the deed to the L&ER is handed over and paid in full by the ITM, I suspect that the L&ER can back out legaly(just a hunch, no insider knowledge).  LJ, it sounds like a come to Jesus time with your other board members and get this stuff aired out in a public meeting to get everybody on the same page of the playbook.  If it was my railroad, I would having major second thoughts about this so called reboot.  I would be having a discussion about doing your own reboot of the L&ER and having that discussion with Mr Davenport who owns the DS50(its privately owned for those that did not know that).  That little SW1 would be the perfect locomotive for a small scale reboot, along with those two NKP cabooses and rider flat stored in Lincoln(last I was up that way they were still there).  They is WAY to much secret dealings with this whole thing with groups that are supposed to be 100% transparent to the public.  The whole lack of advertising of any kind that any of us saw for the speeder thing is VERY fly by night in my humble opinion.  IT all smacks of business as usual of the old ITM, even if the players of the past issues are out of the picture.   The total lack of any kind of modern day professional fundraising(grants and or crowdfunding) and professionalism/transparency in general to the outside public and railfan community is very POOR looking.  Not paying your haulers that got your collective asses partially out of sling is also very telling to the public and large when it comes out in the media that your being sued by them for non payment, same for storage fees for those Budd cars you so hope to restart operations with.  Storage for those was gonna be long term and your group SHOULD have know this.  There isnt enough trackage left on the L&ER to store them and try to run some short excursions, it would be ITM parking lot version 2.0.  And you still have the enormous cost to get them from southern Indiana to either live rail, followed by rehab to make the hauling railroads happy with the brakes and such, or trucking all the way to Logansport.  Unless someone moves he-- and high water, I just dont see this thing getting very far off the ground and the L&ER is going to get screwed, along with the city of Logansport.  I still hope someone in the reborn ITM has thier head out of their hind end and speaks up, PUBLICLY with an official announcement on the status of the museum and holds NOTHING back.  COMPLETE transparency is needed now to clear the air and start rebuilding trust with everybody, not just the railfans, but the railroads in general you will have to work with, trucking companies to move your rolling stock, insurance providers ect.   

LJ, I hope your your groups sake, you get some answers and fast.  Before things move beyond a certain point were the L&ER can choose to a different way.   I do feel a museum railroad IS a great idea in Logansport.  But is it with this group? 

LJ

• President
  • The train's are on their way back!!!!
« Reply #297 on: September 17, 2019, 07:24:32 PM »
Seems like the current group at I.T.M. to me has a very high expectation on what they feel we at the L.E.R. are suppose to do with our railroad. Every time I turn around, there seems to be some new agreement being made, that they want to pay for less money. L.E.R. looks a new agreement over and makes their changes wanting to make certain our stockholders get all of their money back. Then we get a different agreement saying we still want your railroad, but for less money from before. Almost sounds like we are being asked to donate it to me. But that isn't going to happen. The stockholders want their money back, some of these folks have not seen dividends since the Wayne Jackson era of the railroad. M. J. Jessup didn't make it much better either. I just want to make certain no one is getting screwed over, especially the stockholders. I would gladly extend my hand to the Board at I.T.M., once I can see some of the trust issues resolved and some of the questions answered.

IU_Tower

• Mogul
« Reply #298 on: September 17, 2019, 10:53:41 PM »
It's kinda like moving your buddy into your home and he proceeds to throw your furniture on the lawn, change the locks on the doors, and then ignores you.

It's YOUR home, kick the freeloading pricks out. Let the ITM try to find a new home on their own. They won't be able to.....

IN1312

• Chief Dispatcher
« Reply #299 on: September 17, 2019, 11:23:34 PM »
I'm with IU Tower on this. They need to be open and honest about their situation. They are a historical preservation group, which means they depend on public interest, and if the public is indeed interested, they will help deal with some of their difficulties. If they want to be secretive, they aren't doing it right, and really can't be trusted.